• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In/Spectre Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Good. Beautiful show, lovely characters, but the last arc overstayed its welcome.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Since Steel Lady is the ONLY mega- long arc the manga currently has, the second season should feature numerous bite-sized short stories that vary in terms of tone (definitely not as ”bi-polar“ as The Journey of Elaina this season though)

It's gonna be even weirder, crazier, more bizarre, and ultimately, much sweeter journey than we are having in the first season, I can't wait!

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Amazing ! I was listening "Mononoke in the Fiction" right before refreshing the site page.

As said above the pace become much faster after Steel lady arc ( and the story even better ), which was the most recurrent problem i've read so the second season should be more widely accepted.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:30 pm Reply with quote
hmm.. if it's similar to S1 then no freaking thanks. that dragged out waaaaay too long
Hikifroggy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:23 am Reply with quote
Very Happy best thanksgiving gift for me loved the first season and some small way reminds me of mushi lol
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:54 am Reply with quote
My main issue with season 1 was the pacing in the middle, so I’m glad everyone’s saying that the arcs are shorter and sweeter. Looking forward to season 2!
Changeman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:21 am Reply with quote
If I remember correctly, the anime got high positions in the Japanese streamings hosted by Docomo and also got a high rating on the AT-X channel, in addition to being popular on Crunchyroll.
So good that it was popular to win a new season.
siromkun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 am Reply with quote
That feeling when the most boring anime in last 10 years gets second season, and the shows that are actually good left forever unfinished...
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:36 am Reply with quote
this is awesome. i liked the anime and read the manga after it ended. cant wait
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 am Reply with quote
I loved this show especially the main characters.

Kuro's look in this visual is priceless.
Kotoko looks like she's having the time of her life, and why shouldn't she since she's in Kuro's arms and they're both in marriage attire.
Meanwhile, Kuro looks as if he's desperately hoping that no one sees them together.
I can't remember exactly how old Kotoko is but I'm sure she was a minor and yet her terrible attempts at seducing him were hilarious to watch since they were portrayed as a nuisance more than anything.

Here's to hoping Kuro keeps his sanity in the second season, finds some closure regarding his and his cousin's past and finally not get arrested by the police.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:14 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
I can't remember exactly how old Kotoko is...

Kotoko was 15 when she first notices Kuro. 17 when she introduces herself to him at the hospital. 19 during the Steel Lady Nanase arc. 20 in the material this upcoming season will cover.

---

As for the announcement itself, great news. I loved the first season but was honestly not expecting a continuation. That was fine since I was already reading the manga. This is even better though, as the series will really open up and probably be less divisive now.

Also more merch. Bell Fine really needs to release that Kotoko x Kuro figure already.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am Reply with quote
Oh, lovely! I rather enjoyed season 1 of this. Maybe not completely blown away, and it did drag at times, but it had a very different, writing-over-action hook and atmosphere than most shows, and was reasonably well done. A welcome novelty; would definitely watch more.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:09 pm Reply with quote
That is surprising. I never watched it but I heard a lot of people disliked the first season
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I liked the premise and characters, but the first season covered too little of the story. But based on the previous comments season 2 should solve that. I look forward.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Praying for better pacing, but nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2