• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Battle Action Manga Follows Rooster Who Saves the World

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Okay, now I've seen everything.
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:22 pm Reply with quote
master rooster from kung fu panda...
DTM108

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Crisp, clean artwork. Goofy story like One-Punch Man. And chicken f u ck ing! Can’t ask for much more.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Man, why they pick a rooster? I can't make a Chicken Boo (from Animaniacs) joke.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I can't see how this premise lasts very long, both for its uniqueness and lack of commercial appeal. Having said that, I would love to be proven wrong...fingers crossed.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Kung Foo Rooster from Penny Arcade seems like the appropriate reference I suppose.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for the penis jokes if this becomes popular.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:10 pm Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:
I can't see how this premise lasts very long, both for its uniqueness and lack of commercial appeal. Having said that, I would love to be proven wrong...fingers crossed.

Hey, I hope this premise gets an anime (full-epi., obviously) someday. Something this unique and stupid would be hilarious to watch. I don't know the manga-ka's mindset but I think they could be aware that such a premise is lame and went with it. Lame premise do work at times! Just look at "Pop Team Epic".
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:34 am Reply with quote
OK,let me get this straight. A rooster who knows kung-fu defends humanity from giant monsters. This has to be one of the weirdest things anyone has ever come up with. Most of us would think something like this is bizarre,and yes,it is. And,yet Japan seems to have a knack for coming up with these unbelievably crazy and weird concepts. Anywhere else,the person who came up with the idea for something like this would be laughed out of the office. Not so,in Japan.
I can't think of another country where they would have even bothered to go with such an outlandish idea. I tell you. This is a weird one. There's just no other way to describe something like this. If anyone can tell me anywhere else where this would have been dreamed up,tell me. I'd really like to know because I don't know where else this would have even been attempted.
Pandsu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:30 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Can't wait for the penis jokes if this becomes popular.

I lost my shit when I saw the final page with the BBC.

I really hope they make this into an anime with really high production value that tries to play it super seriously. That'd be hilarious!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:37 am Reply with quote
well i have read lots of manga, particularly touhou ones, where the main character cant win against the cock. so we finally can see what cock was the female mc talking about.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I got my bottle of sriracha ready! Smile
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first 2 chapters. The manga reminds me of One Punch Man and Attack on Titan.

Replica_Rabbit wrote:
Man, why they pick a rooster?

Because they felt like it.

Kadmos1 wrote:
Lame premise do work at times! Just look at "Pop Team Epic".

Exactly.

Snomaster1 wrote:
I can't think of another country where they would have even bothered to go with such an outlandish idea.

America would've bothered to go with it. Wink
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:23 am Reply with quote
I just read OjaruFan2's post and now I'd like to respond to it. He or she said that we in America might be interested in something like this. Well,I kinda agree with this person but I think there would be slight difference between the way the manga was done and the way it would be handled here. It would start with an ordinary rooster on a farm. Suddenly,there's an attack by a giant monster. The rooster then flees to a lab.
It gets involved in some kind of accident in which it is somehow given human intelligence and speech. Not only that,but it's also given it fighting skills and superpowers. It came to realize the danger of these things running around so it decides that it'll defend humanity from these things by becoming an animal superhero.

Although OjaruFan2 may have done his or her little wink emoji with tongue firmly placed in cheek,but much of my opinion of this thing still stands. This is extremely weird and if we tried it here,it would probably end up being a parody of the superhero genre. But,who knows? Someone may be inspired by this article here to try something like this. Nobody would have ever believed something like "The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" would become a hit until it did. So who knows? We may see something like it here.

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I just read OjaruFan2's post and now I'd like to respond to it. He or she said that we in America might be interested in something like this. Well,I kinda agree with this person but I think there would be slight difference between the way the manga was done and the way it would be handled here. It would start with an ordinary rooster on a farm. Suddenly,there's an attack by a giant monster. The rooster then flees to a lab.
It gets involved in some kind of accident in which is somehow given human intelligence and speech. Not only that,but it's also given it fighting skills and superpowers. It came to realize the danger of these things running around so it decides that it'll defend humanity from these things by becoming an animal superhero.

Although OjaruFan2 may have done his or her little wink emoji with tongue firmly placed in cheek,but much of my opinion of this thing still stands. This is extremely weird and if we tried it here,it would probably end up being a parody of the superhero genre. But,who knows? Someone may be inspired by this article here to try something like this. Nobody would have ever believed something like "The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" would become a hit until it did. So who knows? We may see something like it here.

Just so you'll know, I'm male and go by he/him.

I agree that the premise would be slightly different if it was created in America. The whole "getting superpowers from an insane, sci-fi accident" plot seems a lot more common in American media than Japanese media.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2