• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Hathaway Film's 1st Full Trailer Unveils More Cast, 4D & Dolby Cinema Screenings

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkaRed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:09 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this movie ♥
xerox-guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:38 am Reply with quote
Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy?
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Animation is superb (like it always is for recent Sunrise anime), but no interest for me as though I know I'm going to get a ton of flaming for my thoughts, I have viewed Hathaway as nothing but an unlikable, detestable, idiotic, self-absorbed, pretentious, stupid little prick and one of my most hated anime characters since my viewing of Char's Counterattack with him being a Karma Houdini (another opinion I'm going to get flamed for, but I hated that movie and saw it as a giant disappointment, but he and Quess were made for each other), and the role he has here from what I've read of plot summaries is only going to make me detest him even more.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Despite the line "imitation Gundam" do we even see a Gundam in the trailer...? [/quote]
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
Animation is superb (like it always is for recent Sunrise anime), but no interest for me as though I know I'm going to get a ton of flaming for my thoughts, I have viewed Hathaway as nothing but an unlikable, detestable, idiotic, self-absorbed, pretentious, stupid little prick and one of my most hated anime characters since my viewing of Char's Counterattack with him being a Karma Houdini (another opinion I'm going to get flamed for, but I hated that movie and saw it as a giant disappointment, but he and Quess were made for each other), and the role he has here from what I've read of plot summaries is only going to make me detest him even more.

So he's a gundam protagonist?
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:00 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Sailor Sedna wrote:

So he's a gundam protagonist?

Literally this lol. Hathaway was detestable, make no mistake but he’s grown up from that experience. He clearly isn’t the same brat as back then.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:17 pm Reply with quote
xerox-guy wrote:
Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy?

Honestly, I wondered the exact same thing when Gundam Narrative first came out.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I only want one thing from this movie.

At least one flashback sequence to Char’s Counterattack so we can finally see the Hi-Nu Gundam & Nightengale animated in something other than a video game.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:

I loved CCA, but yeah, Hathaway is a douchebag. At least Quess grew up in a broken home and was taken advantage of by the adults around her, Hathaway has no excuse for what he did in the conclusion of that movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I’m so looking forward to this. In fact I’m so excited for Hathaway’s Flash I built a Penelope and Messer Gunpla last month and pre-ordered Xi Gundam yesterday.

I’m curious as to what changes (if any) will be made to the film adaptation from the novels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1