• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Made in Abyss Anime Gets 2nd TV Anime Season, Action RPG in 2022

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:46 pm Reply with quote
A game made by Spike Chunsoft? The game is going to suck and at least this confirms that Spike Chunsoft isn’t working on any popular anime games and thank god for that their a horrible game developers.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Will S2 will get an english dub by Sentai ? i mean, Sentai had nothing to license and Dub on HIDIVE other than a weekly dub from Home media BD release.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:28 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
A game made by Spike Chunsoft? The game is going to suck and at least this confirms that Spike Chunsoft isn’t working on any popular anime games and thank god for that their a horrible game developers.

Someone hasn't played DanganRonpa or Zero Escape.

Any of of their non Anime fighting games, either.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:34 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
The Danganronpa series would like a word with you.

As for the Anime I'm reading the Seven Seas Manga release and oof that flashback mini arc in the Golden City arc was tough to read. The art style really is misleading what the content is in this series. Curious how they'll adapt that part.
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:44 pm Reply with quote
isn't Dawn of the Deep Soul basically season 2? So "Season 2" would be more like "2.5"?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Great. I am happy it is a tv season and not movies. I hope Sentai is able to license it.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Sorraffy wrote:
isn't Dawn of the Deep Soul basically season 2? So "Season 2" would be more like "2.5"?

The Content in Dawn of the Deep Souls isn't long enough for a season.
Asturaetus

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Should have rather let Atlus do the game in the same vein/as kind of a spinoff to Etrian Odyssey.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Yahhhhssss, more soul-crushing greatness!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I thought they were adapting Made in Abyss as sequel movies but I’m glad for this so we don’t wind up in another Princess Principal situation. I also hope Sentai will be able to license the second season as HiDive needs more simulcast shows. Made in Abyss has been one of my favorite series of the past decade so I’m really excited for more.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Also, The Japanese Website has the game rated CERO Z.

Its the ONLY anime liscensed game or game with an anime art style to have a Z rating I've heard of.
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Great news to hear but I thought there wasn't enough manga chapters yet to adapt for another season yet?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Great news to hear but I thought there wasn't enough manga chapters yet to adapt for another season yet?
Nah, there are enough chapters - actually, it's about the same as the first season now (plus they are making it in 2022, so more by that time) - it was less about not having enough material to adapt and more about the Tsukushi set up the arc plot quite slowly compared to the previous one.

But now when the current arc is about the end, the anime can start the production without issues.
Electric Wooloo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for S2

I know some people have felt the current arc wasn't very good, but in my opinion it's the second best arc and deals with some very interesting characters and builds the world/history of the Abyss. The arc is by far the longest one in the manga and has been going on for over 4 years, it currently takes up almost half of all printed chapters.

I feel like a lot of the issues people had with it in manga form, a somewhat slow plot and monthly+ release schedule leading to people feeling lost in the story, might be helped by adapting it to anime.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:53 am Reply with quote
If there's any Summer 2017 anime that needs another season, it's Princess Principal! It's practically an incomplete series with how it leaves out episodes in-between what we have.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2