• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nine Dragons Ball Parade Manga Ends in Shonen Jump

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:56 am Reply with quote
That's unfortunate, I liked this one.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:59 am Reply with quote
Shonen Jump is basically the Fox Broadcasting of manga. Bakuman was right; entering the industry is basically just one big gamble.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Ever since I started following new WSJ series it's usually ended in disappointment, so many series just get axed without a second thought. It means that even a good series can't get a good ending because of how abrupt it is
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Okay this seems to be the last one that (unfortunately) quite consistently ranked low on the toc. Well, Magu-chan ranked decently at times. Undead Unluck too, if not more frequently than Magu-chan. Some newer titles have surprisingly done well so far like Blue Box and Sakamoto, while Elusive Samurai and Witch Watch aren't that surprising considering the mangaka. Here's hoping no more cuts for a considerably long publications.

Last two additions seem pretty well-received too, but can't really say anything yet.
Flü

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:53 am Reply with quote
Unsurprising after the consistently low rankings and abysmal sales, but a big shame nonetheless.
I am not into Baseball but this series was still very enjoyable and even got me invested in the matches. Really likable characters with great chemistry and well structured matches that portrayed the nuances of the sport in an exciting way. You could argue that it took to long to actually get to the real matches, but even the chapters that build up the team were a ton of fun.
Really, this deserved more of a chance, especially with how desperately the mag is searching for a new stable sport series.

Also, Tsubaki best boy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1