• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent TV Anime's English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
About time! Now the rest of the series too! Cant wait till there are weekly about 20 simuldubs again.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Nice. Was hoping this would happen soonish. I look forward to watching this again
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Celeste Perez may have lost as Best Girl Sakura, but now she can win as Best Girl Sei!

I'm so used to hearing Ian Sinclair as snarky, smarmy, or hammy characters that seeing him playing Hawke is fairly refreshing.

I think his Shadow House role prepared Adam McArthur well for playing Kyle.

I assume the fact that they've cast everybody up to the last few episodes means this will probably be a weekly release since they've recorded up to those episodes.

Caitlin Glass basically directing the Light Novel equivalent of a Shojo romance makes a lot of sense.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I put off this show for later, so I'll probably go back and check it out dubbed. Glad to see Celeste Perez nab a lead role and its nice to see Ryan Colt Levy in a Funi dub (I think this is his first one).
MFrontier wrote:
I'm so used to hearing Ian Sinclair as snarky, smarmy, or hammy characters that seeing him playing Hawke is fairly refreshing.

Same. While I love a ton of his more off-the-wall roles, hearing him play more down-to-earth/softer characters from time to time is always appreciated. His take on Kureno especially got me to care about the character way more than I ever did reading the manga.
Helix91
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:10 pm Reply with quote
So did anyone else initially see her dress as a centaur body in the "cover" image for the story?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:07 am Reply with quote
This was one of my favorite underrated shows from the spring season so I'm really excited about it getting a dub. I hope it will get more people to check out and the dub cast looks great. This show is basically like Snow White With The Red Hair meets old school shojo isekai and I love it. It needs a season two.
anifani

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:21 pm Reply with quote
This WAS definitely one of my favorite shows this year.Just a little worried, because I really enjoyed the Japanese voice actress.

Finished watching the episode about 10 minutes ago on Funimation. Celeste...you did a great job! So did everyone else. Very Happy
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:25 pm Reply with quote
So you guys all recommend this?

It was really hard for me to get through episode 01...but I really really love shoujo so I want to like it. I was just kinda bored with the first episode. Dx
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I actually completely skipped over this show thinking it was another iseaki, but I'm honestly a lot more interested now knowing that it's a shoujo isekai (and one that isn't villainess centric either). Since the dub is already announced I'll probably wait for it.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:10 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
So you guys all recommend this?

It was really hard for me to get through episode 01...but I really really love shoujo so I want to like it. I was just kinda bored with the first episode. Dx
If you're going into it expecting a grand epic adventure, it's not really type of show, but if you really liked Snow White With The Red Hair, this is basically that kind of vibe but as an isekai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1