• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shadows House Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:25 am Reply with quote
Excellent news! The series is popular, and a sequel announced less than a year after the first season aired is not a common phenomenon.

The last arc of the first season was an anime-original, but the writer was happy enough with the results and it appears the second arc is going to follow its source material closely. Looking forward to the air date.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:46 am Reply with quote
The fact that it had an anime original ending and has a s2 annoucement def means they did not plan this at the start, it must have been more succesful than it was predicted to be.

I really like this show, that vicotrian esque style reminds me a lot of rozen maiden and the like and the sense of mystery and errinus in this show is also great
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
This is great news, I was really worrier Shadows House would end up as another "anime with a long running mystery that only gets 12 episodes". I haven't read the manga (yet) but hopefully the mangaka will be able to write around the rewrites for the first season.
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:35 am Reply with quote
This is so exciting! I didn't think I would like this anime, but I was very intrigued by it! I can't wait for the 2nd season =)
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:48 am Reply with quote
I suppose they can salvage the anime original ending to course correct back into manga territory. At least one aspect will not entirely fit though, and I wonder if there is a way to do something about it or if it will just be ignored. That is (end of season 1 spoiler), spoiler[Shirley was revealed to be alive in the anime original ending, way earlier than she was revealed in the manga, so it will be awkward if she decides to not get in contact with Kate again until the anime reaches that point. Having a spy like Shirley could be very useful in the upcoming arcs, but it could significantly change the plot.]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:07 am Reply with quote
Congrats to the creator and the anime staff!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote
Good. It is a strong anime, and it needs a continuation.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:00 am Reply with quote
Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!

That said, I guess the series was more successful than they expected or else they wouldn't have put that original arc at the end of the first season. Either way, I'm happy, it was one of my favorite series last season and I'm happy to have more of it.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote
(Kate Voice) What can one say about an incomplete story? It should continue to the conclusion...
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I think they didn't expect it will greenlit for 2nd season that's why they made these... questionable last episodes. What's the deal with CloverWorks and anime endings? :/ Shadows House, Wonder Egg, Promised Neverland...
Sinsekihokimchiansu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:07 pm Reply with quote
This great news, wohoooo can't wait for it Very Happy Very Happy
Violet Park

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Excellent news! The series is popular, and a sequel announced less than a year after the first season aired is not a common phenomenon.

The last arc of the first season was an anime-original, but the writer was happy enough with the results and it appears the second arc is going to follow its source material closely. Looking forward to the air date.

The problem is... they can't. With the changes made last season is almost impossible to adapt the rest faithfully. I would be down for an entirely original second season, kind of like an alternate universe.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I can't contain my excitement Very Happy I remember I was actually quite pissed when I've heard the last 2 episodes are going to be original. CloverWorks had a really bad year, 2 disasters - the entire run of TPN S2 and the last episode of WEP - and 1 speedrunning of content in the case of Horimiya. Compared to those, those 2 original episodes were actually quite decent. I remember saying stupid things like I'll never watch anything from CloverWorks again but I take it back. Hearing about the news and the circumstances, about how it was planned to be a 1-cour show and that's it, I'm certain it was the committee's shortsightedness that screwed the studio over. It's a good thing the committee changed their minds since then, after seeing there's a demand for more. Let's hope they're not going to force the studio to do something like how TPN S2 ended up being and they learned their lesson.
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:38 pm Reply with quote
This has made my freaking day! Thank you! Thank you so much!!!!!
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:22 pm Reply with quote
tfwnoymir wrote:
Let's hope they're not going to force the studio to do something like how TPN S2 ended up being and they learned their lesson.

Based on where the plot is, I think the manga is currently at the halfway point, or maybe earlier than that. Since TPN S2 was released after the manga ended, I doubt what happened there will apply to Shadows House S2 since there is no need to rush to the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2