• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rilakkuma and Kaoru Animator Recreates Iconic Akira Scene in Stop-Motion

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:05 pm Reply with quote
awesome!
RockSplash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I guess this is a good thread to ask, but does anyone remember what happened to that Akira Manga adaption? We were supposed to get it in 2020 in time.for the olympics, I think.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Interesting.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:35 am Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
I guess this is a good thread to ask, but does anyone remember what happened to that Akira Manga adaption? We were supposed to get it in 2020 in time.for the olympics, I think.

Are you talking about a specific edition? Because as a manga it has been released in English years ago. Kodansha released the hardcover box set back in 2017, with all the volumes.

And 'adaptation' is the wrong word. The movie was an adaptation of the manga...
RockSplash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:33 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
RockSplash wrote:

Are you talking about a specific edition? Because as a manga it has been released in English years ago. Kodansha released the hardcover box set back in 2017, with all the volumes.

And 'adaptation' is the wrong word. The movie was an adaptation of the manga...

No, back in 2019, they announced an Anime remake of the manga versions. I haven't heard of it since. There was a ANN article on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1