• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Reveals Gundam: The Witch From Mercury, 1st New Gundam TV Anime in 7 Years

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:04 am Reply with quote
Looks interesting, I’m getting Science Fantasy vibes from the title.

Any chance this could stream on Netflix too?
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:10 am Reply with quote
This article confuses me. Gundam Build Divers came out in 2018. Was that not a new series or was it just a continuation of Gundam Build Fighters?

And hell no, no Netflix for this (at least not the premiere)! Toonami already lost JoJo to Netflix. They better not lose Gundam too!
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:18 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
This article confuses me. Gundam Build Divers came out in 2018. Was that not a new series or was it just a continuation of Gundam Build Fighters?

And hell no, no Netflix for this (at least not the premiere)! Toonami already lost JoJo to Netflix. They better not lose Gundam too!

Hey man, latest major Netflix picks were monthly or weekly releases. I’m sure this will be part of that experiment too.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 am Reply with quote
Yeeeeees, that's one way to start my day right! Been waiting for a new one!

I'm guessing Build Divers doesn't really count as that's more of a "Gunpla" show rather than a "Gundam" show. Just my guess though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:44 am Reply with quote
I guess they count Gundam Build Divers as a sequel of sorts to the Gundam Build Fighters series, which sorta does make sense.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:50 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:

Mantan Web specifies that the upcoming anime is the first new television anime series since the first season of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans in 2015, which is why it doesn't count the second season of Iron-Blooded Orphans (2016) either.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:52 am Reply with quote
Interesting how the past 2 Gundam series (haven't watched AGE so I'm only talking 00 and IBO) have had spoiler[Jupiter and Mars], respectively, and now this one is talking about Mercury. I look forward to the upcoming news.
Oby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:46 am Reply with quote
"Witch of Mercury"? So...can we finally have a female lead in Gundam TV since ever?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 am Reply with quote
Oby wrote:
"Witch of Mercury"? So...can we finally have a female lead in Gundam TV since ever?

I was about say, it's way WAY long overdue to have one especially for an original Gundam series not related to the UC.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:27 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't bet on a female lead, just another "mysterious girl that changes the protagonist's life forever" type of situation.

Anyways, Build Divers should be counted, but if they just mean it in the sense that this will be a proper war story instead of model kit fighting that's fair to say.
methedemon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:29 am Reply with quote
Witch and Gundam ? Haha that sounds strangely interesting
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:51 am Reply with quote
The Witch of Mercury sounds like the name for the lead singer of a rock band, but it definitely fits the whole motif of a feared pilot, so that’s good.
Diskostrand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:30 am Reply with quote
Oby wrote:

God i hope not
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:33 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
\

I mean for it's worth far more people use netflix than watch toonami. Plus last I checked only people who would watch any anime on Toonami are those who like english dubs.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"even young generations will support"

I hope I'm wrong in finding that statement a bit ominous - it's the kind of thing that screams "We don't know what to do anymore so we'll latch on to trends the kids seem to like". But that's obviously reading too much from a vague statement, and is irrelevant anyway depending on the staff...anyway, I hope it's good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3