• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation TV Ranking, October 4-10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomCommenter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:49 am Reply with quote
Sazae-san losing to a late night anime airing past 11PM is not a sight I thought I'd ever see.
Changeman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 am Reply with quote
I was most surprised by Lupin's audience.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 am Reply with quote
RandomCommenter wrote:
Sazae-san losing to a late night anime airing past 11PM is not a sight I thought I'd ever see.

Well, if you have been keeping up with the Demon Slayer news about awards, sales and rating, it kinda makes sense
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:58 am Reply with quote
If anyone asks why they keep milking the series, this here is exactly why
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:35 pm Reply with quote
RandomCommenter wrote:

I think I've seen it come in #2 like, twice before. Ever. I think the shows that beat it might've been Chibi Maruko-chan and Detective Conan.

There's a universe somewhere where a teenager's posting a laughably implausible story on Narou where the mangaka character's success is framed in ludicrous superlatives like "sold ten times as many volumes in a year as the second-best-selling manga" and "volumes 7 and 8 adapted into the highest-grossing Japanese movie ever" and "season 2 aired in a late-night timeslot and got higher ratings than Sazae-san". We live in the universe of that teenager's story.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:29 am Reply with quote
Wow! I can't remember the last time Sazae-san didn't come in at #1. It's incredibly consistent as the anime ratings champ. Usually the only time it's not at the top of the charts is on the rare weeks when it's not airing. That's a huge win for Demon Slayer, especially when you factor in that this episode is mostly reused content from the movie.
babajones

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:44 pm Reply with quote
LOL. Demon Slayer made on the top even though it is just same stuff that we already saw in the movies !!!
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I'll say it again. Can we finally have a discussion about why the show is hitting such a perfect chord? I think beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's more than the animation. It's popularity has even appeal beyond Japan. I'd just be accused of loving the show - because I do - but I don't think my bias is speaking when I say it deserves looking at.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1