• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New BEASTARS Logo Reveals Anime's 'Final Season'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Gonna guess it’s going to be at least 24 episodes, since you can’t finish the manga with just 12.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:41 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Gonna guess it’s going to be at least 24 episodes, since you can’t finish the manga with just 12.

That's what I'm hoping for. Cramming the last half of the manga into 12 episodes would not be ideal, to say the least.
olgita

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
omnistry wrote:

That's what I'm hoping for. Cramming the last half of the manga into 12 episodes would not be ideal, to say the least.

Especially since the manga last arc isn't really good Laughing Well, maybe cutting it short would be actually for the better...?
RealMTL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:16 pm Reply with quote
olgita wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
omnistry wrote:

Especially since the manga last arc isn't really good Laughing Well, maybe cutting it short would be actually for the better...?

This is that rare case when an anime original ending might benefit the series. But either way I expect another great season.
boldulysses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Once they get this out of the way, maybe they can finally bring us LOTL S2.
Maleko Ai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:54 pm Reply with quote
The downhill is coming.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Read the ending. Once again, another series where so many people made the ending out to be the worst thing ever...but in actuality...it was just okay. Not as good as the first half, but I don't understand how it makes people be so hyperbolic in their dismissal/hatred.

Either I am getting old or I just don't understand the average anime/manga fan anymore. Or both.
olgita

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
Read the ending. Once again, another series where so many people made the ending out to be the worst thing ever...but in actuality...it was just okay. Not as good as the first half, but I don't understand how it makes people be so hyperbolic in their dismissal/hatred.

Either I am getting old or I just don't understand the average anime/manga fan anymore. Or both.

I consider the ending very weak compared to the solid first half of the story, but I don't really hate it. It kinda went off the rails in the finale that I find pretty funny acutally Laughing
BaronViolet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I keep hearing the ending of the manga is terrible. Hopefully the anime will receive an original ending separate from the manga version.
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:57 pm Reply with quote
24+12 episodes would be nice but maybe it's asking for too much. Either way, I'm just hoping this will cover the rest of the manga. I don't want to have to read the manga to know the ending or the rest of the story.

Regardless, I'm just happy we're getting another season of Beastars even if it's the "final season."
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:31 pm Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:
Awesome. Once they get this out of the way, maybe they can finally bring us LOTL S2.

YES this. I do love Beastars but Land of the Lustrous NEEDS another season (or two)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:40 am Reply with quote
Despite what I've heard of the conclusion of the manga, I hope they don't rush the ending of the series or try to adapt everything into a one-cour finale...
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Only way this can be the final season is if its a 24 episode season. Most likely split up similar to Attack on Titan.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:46 pm Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:

Yeeeeesssssss.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:40 am Reply with quote
So the wow new logo is just moving the red color from the "B" to the star in the "A"? Or are the added words part of the logo so "hype!"? I'm excited more Beastars is in the works, just not sure why the focus is on the logo rather than the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2