• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Twitch Streamer Disguised Toast Banned While Streaming Death Note Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:51 pm Reply with quote
onepunchmanOK.jpg
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Well he got banned for 2 days not that it really matters they’re getting attention for this and reaping the benefits but pretty much going to cause problems on twitch that won’t affect them because they already have their money and can go to another platform no problems. But all the other smaller content creators that actually try and do this for a living will be stuck dealing with repercussions while the bigger content creators get off free.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Well he literally said that he faked it, he asked his friend to ban him during his stream.
I don't know if that's true or not, but he streamed not that long ago, nobody banned him for an entire month. So... yeah. It's all on Youtube, you can look it up.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The decision came amid a recent wave of controversy regarding reaction content of copyrighted television shows on Twitch.

It's safe to say that Twitch really has problems with copyright strikes/DMCA lately like copyrighted TV shows, movies and music. Soon Twitch may DMCA'd itself.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:16 pm Reply with quote
What in the hell did he think was going happen?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dayraven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
he asked his friend to ban him during his stream.

All according to keikaku, then?
cchigu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations, you played yourself. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
What in the hell did he think was going happen?!

Well... this? This is what he think was going to happen, that's the TV meta in a nutshell, broadcast CR content, get DMCA'd and a 48h suspension (aka get the weekend off) and come back with even more viewers who just heard about you because of the ban. I never heard of this guy but here we are talking about him, and kids love this "so rebellious, idgaf" BS. Until Twitch brings out the heavy guns or the suspensions get so common that they get lost in the noise, this is gonna be the meta in the platform for a while.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Are people... stupid... Yes... let me stream this show that TV channels, streaming services and other things have to PAY to use and do it for free and allow people to sit in with me, watch it with me and PAY ME! (the streamer who has not asked for permission to stream or payed the owner of show) as I stream it...

Duh... they're lucky they've all not gotten sued.... And if these Streamers are not LLC's IF/WHEN they get sued because they decided to stream illegal broadcasts of licensed shows, they're HOMES, CARS, and ALL PROPERTY is on the line...

I just love how they're enjoying the "come back" rewards from their post bans now... but if they get sued... they won't... because it would be "profiting" from the streaming of the shows and the companies of the shows would be able to claim it... so GL with that.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Dayraven wrote:
Quote:
he asked his friend to ban him during his stream.

All according to keikaku, then?

Translator's note: keikaku means plan
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
Are people... stupid... Yes... let me stream this show that TV channels, streaming services and other things have to PAY to use and do it for free and allow people to sit in with me, watch it with me and PAY ME! (the streamer who has not asked for permission to stream or payed the owner of show) as I stream it...

Duh... they're lucky they've all not gotten sued.... And if these Streamers are not LLC's IF/WHEN they get sued because they decided to stream illegal broadcasts of licensed shows, they're HOMES, CARS, and ALL PROPERTY is on the line...

Like it's been said, it's the current meta. They know they'll get DMCA'd and banned, but that's the attention and publicity they want. Last month the meta was feigning outrage over being banned for saying racial slurs In a couple weeks, it'll be something new. That's the way big Twitch streamers operate. Maybe some of them do genuinely believe it's their God given right to re-stream copyrighted material and to "stick it to the man" but most of it is performative. They're entertainers. They're doing a bit.
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:01 pm Reply with quote
This is only going to hurt the smaller streamers. The bigger ones couldn’t care less. They’re all doing this crap out of spite. Twitch is such a hellhole, I swear…
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of this being a stunt or not, what exactly is being shown on these streams for the copyright claim? Is it just audio that is coming through on the mic, is it being put directly in to the feed or are they sharing the video too?
Nate148

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:37 pm Reply with quote
The whole video it lets watch tv
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Regardless of this being a stunt or not, what exactly is being shown on these streams for the copyright claim? Is it just audio that is coming through on the mic, is it being put directly in to the feed or are they sharing the video too?

The whole movie/TV show/anime/w/e is shown on screen, with a bit in the corner being taken by the streamer to do reaction faces. It is that blatant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2