• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Hobby Site Stops Posting Model Shipping Schedules Due to Scalping Concerns

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:31 pm Reply with quote
best thing to prevent scalping is to get out of this hobby together. I literally saw crazy guy pay 20000 JPY for an HGUC Zeong. What a waste. Coming from experience, building the kits is a huge time sink that you will never get back. Also the kits will be reprinted forever so in the long run, they will depreciate. other than 1 AU, all AUs pretty much die after the 50 episode runtime, so no matter how many kits you buy, the AU ain't getting a sequel anime series or movie.

You are better off getting anime figures since that actually helps animes get future seasons, not a time sink, and they appreciate in value. Plus you can avoid the cancerous Gundam fanbase.
SciasSlash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:06 pm Reply with quote
i think most people get into hobbies because they enjoy them, not because of them potentially appreciating in value.
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:32 am Reply with quote
SciasSlash wrote:
i think most people get into hobbies because they enjoy them, not because of them potentially appreciating in value.

Also because the hobby is relatively dirt cheap compared to scaled figures, but compared to lego and figures, gunpla is guaranteed to be fairly worthless long term mainly for commonly restocked kits. I keep on seeing desperate people struggling to sell off model kits that are restocked all the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1