• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Streams Teasing Master Takagi-san 3 Anime's English Dub with Original Funimation Cast M

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farafra

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see some of the Funimation cast come back. Maybe it's because it's the first dub I heard, but Dismuke and Wiedenheft are perfect in the lead roles.
The new additions will be great too. Maggie Flecknoe is great in everything.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Solid move. As weird as it is, Sentai picking up season 3 could result in a consistent cast across all three seasons since there is a decent chance they would redub a home video release for season 2 if they licensed that.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Wait, isn't Aaron Dismuke supposed to be on vocal rest? Or was this dub made before he had to take time off?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:27 pm Reply with quote
It would have been funny to see a third voice cast, but in reality more consistency is better
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:28 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Wait, isn't Aaron Dismuke supposed to be on vocal rest? Or was this dub made before he had to take time off?
I'd imagine this was done before he took time off.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad for fans of the first seasons dub that they get to hear most of those VA's come back for season 3, particularly the leads (and it seems like this was done ahead of time given Aaron's current vocal rest).
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:50 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
It would have been funny to see a third voice cast, but in reality more consistency is better

It nice that English-speaking fans can some consistency in their version, there's no annoucement for a Neutral Spanish version yet, but seeing how Hidive managed previous Spanish dubs in the past I bet they're going change the whole cast, because here in Latin America we only got Season 2 thanks to Netflix international distribution with a dub made in Mexico (which was pretty good), but Hidive/Sentai have dubbed all of their anime into Spanish exclusively in Argentina. Yashahime's Argentinean Spanish dub is the greatest example, Inuyasha was dubbed in Mexico and that dub is highly regarded, Sentai's decision to change the country of recording dissapointed a lot fans and even the original voice actors were surprised, but the weird thing is that some new characters in Yashahime are voiced by Mexican voice actors remotely and now fans are confused as to why they didn't at least kept some of the original cast.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:19 am Reply with quote
This has to be the first time Dismuke was ever in a Sentai Filmworks dub but seeing how they and Funimation(now an area of Crunchyroll) are in the same state it makes sense here
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:20 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Solid move. As weird as it is, Sentai picking up season 3 could result in a consistent cast across all three seasons since there is a decent chance they would redub a home video release for season 2 if they licensed that.

This is legit the only time I hope they do a new dub when a Netflix dub already exists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1