• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: PlayStation Plus Announces Launch Titles, Includes Bloodborne, Death Stranding, Demon's Souls,

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Paid online was a mistake
CerberusTheWise

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 am Reply with quote
It’s a pretty simple launch lineup, and thats okay. It’ll likely take a few years to hit a good stride. Xbox game pass took years of investment to become the juggernaut it is now. The main selling point its still currently lacking is any day one launches, which is the biggest reason anyone would want to subscribe and keep that subscription. I still encourage the competition though since its best for everyone.
phantom360

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I hope this fails. Making ps3-ps1 games only exclusive by a playstation plus pay wall is stupidity it's like renting games instead of owning them. Just make the games duyable on psn or make the console with backwards compatibility via physical media.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:25 pm Reply with quote
phantom360 wrote:
I hope this fails. Making ps3-ps1 games only exclusive by a playstation plus pay wall is stupidity it's like renting games instead of owning them.

……Were you born in the 00’s or something?

Cause renting video games or at least the concept of it isn’t new. And services like Xbox Game Pass, Nintendo’s Online thing, & PlayStation Now/Plus’s ability to play full games as part of your subscription essentially is close to renting video games.

phantom360 wrote:
Just make the games duyable on psn or make the console with backwards compatibility via physical media.

Or just buy a PS1/Vita or a PS3 if you absolutely need to play games from that era especially since you wouldn’t be able to play the entire back catalog of those systems anyway on newer hardware.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1