• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: XSEED Games Releases Rune Factory 5 Game on PC on July 13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:50 am Reply with quote
This is really great! Now there's a possibility of the performance issues being fixed and I can recommend the game in good conscience
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:07 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
This is really great! Now there's a possibility of the performance issues being fixed and I can recommend the game in good conscience

Yeah, the first place my brain went was “oh good, mods!” Laughing
egozi14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Isn't this the entry in the series they broke with the genderless update that they forced on the community for the sake of appealing to the western beliefs and broke it along the way?

Mod sure will be welcome if they fix these issues and may even revent the changes along the way.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:35 pm Reply with quote
egozi14 wrote:
Isn't this the entry in the series they broke with the genderless update that they forced on the community for the sake of appealing to the western beliefs and broke it along the way?

Mod sure will be welcome if they fix these issues and may even revent the changes along the way.

I've played the game for well over 70 hours and I haven't run into a single issue caused by same sex marriage. The game has a lot of issues but weird thinly veiled homophobia isn't one of them.
wolf10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:25 am Reply with quote
The same-sex romance update to the JP version reportedly came bundled with well over 100 bug fixes. The game was, in fact, way more broken before then.

Not that it's all that broken anymore (by Rune Factory standards, anyway). Aside from a couple random crashes caused by SEED assists (which can be turned off), my biggest annoyance is the festival BGM going quiet between zones. Sure changes the mood.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:49 am Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Yeah, the first place my brain went was “oh good, mods!” Laughing

Something Bethesda fans know all too well...

Although honestly RF4 is better than 5 in everyway possible and that's already on Steam so I don't think even mods can save the game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1