• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Anime Rankings - Best of Fall 2022, Nov 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Bocchi is truly aiming for the top, well deserved. Same with Gundam, could be higher just a little bit Wink
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:06 am Reply with quote
I don't grasp how these are calculated, but something really weird is going on with To Your Eternity. I don't think I've ever seen a crash like that in the Cumulative this far into the season. Is this because it didn't start airing until 10/23?

The rankings were first up on 10/31, including the week of 22-28. So only one episode had aired (10/23) at that point, yet its weekly rank steadily dropped over the month, while its cumulative rose a notch (which often happens when eps don't air, but in this case TYE is listed as having no episode the week of 22-28. ?).

By episode 2 (aired 10/30) it fell 20 places weekly, 9 cumulative. Ep.3 (11/6) was up one weekly, down 10 in cumulative. Ep. 4 (11/13) was again up one and finally stabilized at no change cumulative.

I'm not complaining about where its ranked - this season has at best been uneven, but again, the wild swings in the cumulative are just weird and, in my holely memory, unprecedented.
gsilver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Pop Team Epic really deserves its spot last week with episode 7. Outstanding episode, and recaptures the best of the madness in S1.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:39 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I don't grasp how these are calculated, but something really weird is going on with To Your Eternity. I don't think I've ever seen a crash like that in the Cumulative this far into the season. Is this because it didn't start airing until 10/23?

Yes, it's because weeks 2-3-4 don't have episodes. So it wasn't "steadily" dropping during that time, it's just episode 1 that was being phantom-ranked with no effect on the cumulative. If you look at just episodes that aired:

ep1 weekly#10 cumulative#10
ep2 weekly#30 cumulative#18
ep3 weekly#29 cumulative#28
ep4 weekly#28 cumulative#28

It's not uncommon to have wild swings in the cumulative for the second ep. Look at One Piece and Love Flops.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Saeryen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:06 am Reply with quote
Again, Bibliophile Princess oughta be ranked higher. It's got some great values as well as being gorgeous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1