• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Happy Marriage Anime to Stream on Netflix

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glordit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:57 am Reply with quote
So, 1 week streaming delay, or are we going to be lucky enough to get it the same day?

Who am I kidding, this will be on Netflix the following season.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:13 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
So, 1 week streaming delay, or are we going to be lucky enough to get it the same day?

Better option: wait and see.
nl_TvdL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:19 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:

At least it's not on Disney+ who doesn't stream it like anywhere in the world.
ab2143

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:35 am Reply with quote
Better be a simulcast. Not having that 2 week delay bs either
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:00 am Reply with quote
So we’ll most likely deal with a 2 week delay for new episodes or have to wait until the season is over. I know Vinland saga they’re simulcasting it but that’s most likely because of Crunchyroll. Kind of sad because I feel the hype for this is going to die a bit thanks to Netflix if they don’t simulcast it.
InNeedOfAName

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:20 am Reply with quote
nl_TvdL wrote:
Glordit wrote:

At least it's not on Disney+ who doesn't stream it like anywhere in the world.

At least Disney+ did end up simulcasting Tokyo Revengers and Bleach: TTBW. Hopefully they simulcast their other upcoming licensed anime, and hopefully Netflix simulcasts this anime too.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:26 am Reply with quote
.[/quote]
At least Disney+ did end up simulcasting Tokyo Revengers and Bleach: TTBW. Hopefully they simulcast their other upcoming licensed anime, and hopefully Netflix simulcasts this anime too.[/quote]

Bleach is really because of Viz but i will give them props for Tokyo revengers since they are simulcasting it though they really should learn to promote their anime’s outside of Asia a lot better I can’t tell you how many comments I’ve seen of people saying they didn’t even know TR was even out. Off topic but give that recently the Disney C.E.O stated he wants Disney + to focus more on their own brands and less on general entertainment I’m wondering how this will affect their anime ambitions in the long run.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:48 am Reply with quote
This is unexpected, though Netflix does tend to pick up the odd romance anime every now and then.

I'm really looking forward to this so I hope it gets same day simulcasting.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:14 am Reply with quote
Ah, another "romance" about a nice woman who gets involved with a cold bastard and then slowly humanizes him. 10 out of 10 for originality. And if you think my snarkiness is an indication that I have no intention of checking this out, you couldn't be more wrong, you heartless beast...
OtomeGay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I loved the "My Happy Marriage" light novels, so I'm really hoping this will be a good adaptation! Fingers crossed it's a simulcast, though knowing Netflix, they'll probably make us wait a season or so...
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this means it'll get an English dub, too? I hope this turns out to be the case! I like the LNs and the manga so far, and I hope it gets a good English dub too.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:49 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I wonder if this means it'll get an English dub, too? I hope this turns out to be the case! I like the LNs and the manga so far, and I hope it gets a good English dub too.

You're talking about Netflix, it's 100% guaranteed it will.
AZLeafCat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ah, another "romance" about a nice woman who gets involved with a cold bastard and then slowly humanizes him. 10 out of 10 for originality. And if you think my snarkiness is an indication that I have no intention of checking this out, you couldn't be more wrong, you heartless beast...

Although the male lead may seem cold, looks are more than they seem. spoiler[With the encouragement of his trusted servant, he actually is the one that gets the female lead to open up more, as her family's abuse has a significant effect on her].

Can't wait to hear Evan Call's score again on an anime series after Violet Evergarden and Josse, the Tiger, and the Fish.
Cho_Desu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:41 am Reply with quote
AZLeafCat wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Although the male lead may seem cold, looks are more than they seem. spoiler[With the encouragement of his trusted servant, he actually is the one that gets the female lead to open up more, as her family's abuse has a significant effect on her].

Can't wait to hear Evan Call's score again on an anime series after Violet Evergarden and Josse, the Tiger, and the Fish.

Yeah, this is one where plot descriptions generally haven't felt all that accurate. spoiler[I went into the first volume expecting Kiyoka to be super callous, but he's just stand-offish for a few scenes, and only because of a misunderstanding (well, a bit more complicated than I'm describing). The main conflict is definitely between Miyo and her family, rather than between her and Kiyoka.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1