• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Figures of AnimeJapan 2023

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blooperboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Gods I would love to go to one of these someday.....
NieR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:23 pm Reply with quote
The figures of Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke with the standees looks nice. Really hope a new Jiraiya figurine gets made, or a re-release of the SH Figuarts version.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:49 pm Reply with quote
NieR wrote:
The figures of Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke with the standees looks nice. Really hope a new Jiraiya figurine gets made, or a re-release of the SH Figuarts version.

Seeing as how they've been going through and remaking all of their Naruto figures I think there's a good chance of a new Jiraiya happening.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:44 am Reply with quote
Ryu is a must pick-up at any price if I come across it later this year, and I'd be tempted by Chisato (from Lycoris Recoil) if it proves to be a cheaper (i.e., under $100) one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:45 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Ryu is a must pick-up at any price if I come across it later this year, and I'd be tempted by Chisato (from Lycoris Recoil) if it proves to be a cheaper (i.e., under $100) one.

If you mean the scale figure of Chisato on the line-up, it's ¥15,800(~$120) on pre-order from Good Smile themselves on their English online storefront. Though most japanese retailers online(hobby search, amiami etc), list it discounted for about ~¥13,500( ~$105). Prices on Western retailers vary, for example J-list has it discounted for $112.50 but Tokyo Otaku Mode for $123.79 discounted.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Anyone care to explain what was going on with the Re:Zero figures? Does Subaru make good on the harem (and with Ram??)...?
ExplodingPrinny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see my boy Mash in there.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Anyone care to explain what was going on with the Re:Zero figures? Does Subaru make good on the harem (and with Ram??)...?

They've run through most of the other possible iterations for Rem and Ram?

Blanchimont wrote:
If you mean the scale figure of Chisato on the line-up, it's ¥15,800(~$120) on pre-order from Good Smile themselves on their English online storefront. Though most japanese retailers online(hobby search, amiami etc), list it discounted for about ~¥13,500( ~$105). Prices on Western retailers vary, for example J-list has it discounted for $112.50 but Tokyo Otaku Mode for $123.79 discounted.

That's an "if there's nothing else at the 'con that interests me, I might take it" level of pricing for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Some great looking figures here, thanks for the great camera work Smile

Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

I think it's them holding kid versions of themselves (for some reason), rather than their own child iirc
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Interesting to see all the RWBY figures. Is that just a special interest of Richard's or has the series gained traction in Japan after the anime last season?

There's a new Rooster Teeth RWBY season (season 9). I'm finding it a bit of an improvement over previous seasons, though they'll still just drop significant plot threads with no development. Jaune, of all people, shows major character development.
Mayo20
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:50 am Reply with quote
teslastar wrote:
I understand you - going to an anime convention like AnimeJapan 2023 would be an absolute dream come true. The figures and merchandise there are just so cool! But if you're looking for a way to bring some anime-inspired merchandise into your life, have you checked out https://myfacebobbleheads.com/? They specialize in creating custom-made bobbleheads that can be personalized to look like your favorite anime characters. Imagine having a bobblehead of your favorite anime protagonist on your desk, or gifting one to a fellow anime lover. It's such a unique and fun way to show off your love for the genre.

There's no way you don't work for them, talking like that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1