• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Cosmos Anime Films' 2nd Trailer Teases Climactic Battle

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:45 am Reply with quote
My hype levels are rising
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:52 am Reply with quote
I love how epic and grandiose every trailer has for been for Cosmos. The animation looks gorgeous in every one they've shown and I'm excited to see Sailor Kakyu in action. I hope they'll reveal us the designs and seiyuu cast list for the Sailor Animates. They also released a sample of the new cover of Nagareboshi He and it sounds great so far. This is my favorite manga arc so I'm glad they're handling it well.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:07 am Reply with quote
Looks amazing! Kotono Mitsuishi and Megumi Hayashibara are giving this their all as Usagi and Galaxia! It's like the two top female seiyuu of the 90's finally going head-to-head for the modern era!
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I love how epic and grandiose every trailer has for been for Cosmos. The animation looks gorgeous in every one they've shown and I'm excited to see Sailor Kakyu in action. I hope they'll reveal us the designs and seiyuu cast list for the Sailor Animates. They also released a sample of the new cover of Nagareboshi He and it sounds great so far. This is my favorite manga arc so I'm glad they're handling it well.

Yeah, I know their plot relevance is nowhere near as big as it was in the 90's anime but I'm really eager to see the Animates and their VA's, especially for the ones who didn't show up in the original anime.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:16 pm Reply with quote
i did not know there's a tiktok account for the movie no more than the just twitter account which it was launched in 2020
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope Netflix doesn't get streaming rights to this but my hopes are not that high.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:59 am Reply with quote
The new version of Search For Your Love is so good.
https://youtu.be/lKGl6c9EfuM
StarFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sailor Moon voice actress Kotono Mitsuishi also announced that the first Sailor Moon television anime's SuperS and Sailor Stars arcs will stream for free on the Toei Animation Museum channel on YouTube. Each episode will stream for only two weeks, starting with the first SuperS episode on Monday, March 27 at noon (Sunday, March 26 at 11:00 p.m. EDT). (Sailor Stars will follow on May 5.) The announcement did not specify if these episodes will be available outside Japan.

for those of you are living outside Japan Viz Media has the English Sub version of the same episodes but includes Seasons 1-3 and Crystal
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDDFkfLheQ9g-9QS1CgfAnP5kHwc--qYO
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:47 am Reply with quote
Very soon we will see both the movies! Great!
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Over the years, I've browsed summaries and clips of the Sailor Stars arc (first anime and manga), but I've never actually watched the anime or read the manga. After watching the trailer, I noticed spoiler[Chibiusa and Mamoru multiple times]. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but spoiler[aren't they, like, barely relevant in the Stars Arc? I thought I read something about them only showing up at the very beginning and end].

I hope we don't have to wait too long for (Netflix?) to stream these movies.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:10 pm Reply with quote
MyMasterMatthew wrote:
Over the years, I've browsed summaries and clips of the Sailor Stars arc (first anime and manga), but I've never actually watched the anime or read the manga. After watching the trailer, I noticed spoiler[Chibiusa and Mamoru multiple times]. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but spoiler[aren't they, like, barely relevant in the Stars Arc? I thought I read something about them only showing up at the very beginning and end].

spoiler[Chibiusa and Mamoru don't have large roles, screentime-wise, but the scenes they do get are pretty important.]
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:25 pm Reply with quote
MyMasterMatthew wrote:

Other than the overall plot synopsis the 90s anime was very different from the manga but spoiler[Tuxedo Mask and Chibi Moon have an important role in the finale chapters] and it also seems Cosmos is including an original scene from the Le Mouvment Finale musical in the movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1