• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Dangers in My Heart (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:11 am Reply with quote
Welp, Kyotaro has exactly two episodes left in which to prove he is not utterly useless... is he up to the task??? Time will tell.
Probablytomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Was Anna getting pulled away from Kyotaro? Pick Up guy and his girlfriend know both Anna and Kyotaro would be in the library together so I think it's more a case her friends thought Anna would more likely hang with guys of her league while she wanted Kyotaro's data but didn't want to come out and say it.

I’m not sure what the difference is here you’re making. Nobody else knew Anna likes Kyotaro, so they weren’t pulling her away from him on purpose. But if her friends are setting her up with other guys then she’s losing her chance with Kyotaro. If the pushy creep is hitting on her then she’s losing her chance with Kyotaro. She could’ve warded the pushy creep off with the excuse that she has a secret boyfriend. Those girls were all ready to believe that. But then she’d lose her chance with Kyotaro.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10: We Walked Slowly

Summary: Pending

Comments: Pending

Screen Caps:

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So I'll just ask a question:

Why was Anna wearing heels on their first date when she already towers over the guy?

Why not? She looks good in them and she knows it. If he were sensitive about their height disparity, a couple more inches wouldn't make it any worse. But he hasn't indicated to her (or to us in his thoughts) that her being taller bothers him. That's your issue.

Also, it puts her boobs right in his face in close quarters. Smile j/k
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:01 am Reply with quote
Another solid episode with some progress made. Kyotaro showed some backbone and is now actually honest to himself. It also seems like more and more people are becoming aware of the bond between the mc's. Fuckboi needs to take a hint though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Call me a socially disruptive curmudgeon (heck, my own mother does), but I kind of miss the old Kyotaro's dark inner thoughts of committing mayhem and murder on his fellow classmates. That got dropped pretty early. Too early? Perhaps. Perhaps...
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Kyotaro's inner thoughts about wanting to "murder" Anna were just weird. I didn't mind them but I'm not gonna miss them either.

I wouldn't have thought that another "cutest girl in school meets the shy loner dude" romcom would be so good, but I guess everything lies in the execution. And I think this show is doing an excellent job at slowly building the relationship between Anna and Kyotaro. Not to mention that the show is really funny. Though I do wish that these stories would stop making the heroine the school idol. You can still create a cute heroine even if they aren't the goddess reincarnate in-universe.

I wish we got more of Kyotaro's big sis and purely because I really like her VA.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 11: We're a Bit Alike

Screen Caps:

Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

That's a satisfying ending. There's a lot I liked about this show. From the comedy and the heartwarming relationship between our two leads to the better than one would expect soundtrack and great direction. There was something about the relationship between Anna and Kyotaro that this anime really made feel like adolescence. Like the awkwardness and just the simple things like Anna's shoulder bump greeting. The way their relationship developed was paced and build so well.

I consider Kaguya-sama to be like the gold standard for a romantic comedy. Yet I'm thinking of doing something as preposterous as giving this thing the same rating as that show. This is going to be a top 5 anime for this year for me, I can already tell. Excellent rating it is then. And it seems that a 2nd season has already been lit. Me happy.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:31 pm Reply with quote
A great ending indeed. The show is a perfect example of why you should not judge a series based on the first two or so episodes. Every single episode improves upon the previous one and where it started of with plenty of cringe due to the murder fantasies it grew into an organic feeling romance. Part of that organic feeling is that progress is slow but steady with some awkwardness and sometimes unclarity. Also kudos to Yamada for doing 90% of all the legwork and at the end understanding Kyotaro pretty well.

Looking forward to season 2.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:38 am Reply with quote
I don't know. I've seen all 12 episodes and I still don't know how I feel about Anna.

When Anna insisted in tying Kyotaro's keychain because he would have problems tying it with one hand, was I the only one who thought she'd tie it to his bag? Why tie it on him if he'll just have problems untying it? And why does it look like she's tying it on him like a dog tag?

I expected something like "Do you think I'm weird" which would indicate self awareness (Correct response: "Doesn't matter, I like weird.") but instead she asked, "Do you think I have a dark side?"; That suggests... the best I got is she's feeling something out about their relationship. Correct response... turn tail and run, is that an option? Saying "no" means you're naive but saying "yes" seems to lead to the Bad Ending.

Do you guys think her act is the serious face she gets when she asks Kyutaro direct questions like that or is her act the clueless bubbly girl who eats a lot?

Do I think Anna is manipulating Kyutaro? That part I am certain about and it's a a resounding yes. On the brightside, I get to get the wrong idea again starting next year when it continues.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:04 am Reply with quote
We have had this discussion several times before and the conclusion was and is that we view their interactions differently. I honestly do not think she is manipulating Kyotaro with some malicious intent or cackling evil plan in mind. I do think that she has given certain reactions and actions that manipulate him to some extend, but then again, don't all women and men do that in some regard when it comes to the dating/relationship thing?

There is also the fact that she is the driving force between the two and she is very willing to help him when he could use said help. Not to mention that most people are not that black and white and have several sides to them, so a bubbly and serious Anna can both be a thing.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I dunno man. First clue should be Anna's height. She's about an inch taller than me, an adult man, despite being like in the 2nd year of middle school. Impossible!1!1 So she's probably older than she lets on. Kyotaro is a socially inept young boy so an easy target for her, makes no sense for a bombshell like her to approach a dude like him otherwise. She uses heels despite their height difference to further assert dominance over him. She puts the keychain on his collar to further establish their relationship as master and slave.

So obviously Anna must be a demon girl out to suck out Kyotaro's life source. The word danger is in the title after all.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:16 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed this show but not to the same extent as some of you and rate it Good. As every year goes by, I grow less and less patient with the "clueless" male protag trope and the general slow pace of anime rom-coms in general. In a sense it's pointless to complain about these elements since they are so resolutely baked into most rom-coms. That's why when something like A Galaxy Next Door comes along where spoiler[the female confesses in episode 3 and the male in episode 4, my jaw drops at the pure speed.]

But setting that aside, I like the dynamic of the couple and enjoyed some of the secondary characters like Anna's female "boyfriend." I'll definitely be streaming the next instalment.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 12: I Wanted to Be Seen

Screen Caps:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7