• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Terms of Robot Warfare

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oriana3k

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
CG art has come along way. It took me several minutes to realize that that wasn't a photo of some totally random dude and that Todd wasn't completely screwing with my head.

...And I think I want to start eating Peeps again.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quote
Actually Overman King Gainer made its debut in Z, the special robot thats going to debut in the special disk is Black King Gainer, as Brunhilde is the only major Robot from Overman King Gainer to not be in Super Robot Wars Z

Here's the scene from Super Robot Wars Z where everyone dances to the theme of Overman King Gainer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQva4-wVHlc
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
Oh man. Thank you, Japan, for justifying my PSP purchase by continuing to port great Japan-only games to the system. First Idolm@ster, now Evangelion. I am all about this. Too bad my wallet will hate me, since I just imported Dissidia earlier this month and Dragon Quest IX is coming out soon. :[
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:35 am Reply with quote
Class of Heroes is coming out on April 7 for the PSP. Looks similar to Etrian Odyssey, so it might be good

Valkyrie Chronicles gets its own anime series in April

Super Auto Salon: Custom Car Contest gets a release in April (Japan only)

and Family Glide Hockey is finally up on Wiiware

I'm really looking forward to Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars since it's more like the first games in the series and I loved the looked of them back in the day.

Quote:
Oh man. Thank you, Japan, for justifying my PSP purchase by continuing to port great Japan-only games to the system. First Idolm@ster . . .

Oh, man. I can't wait. I need a PSP first, but I think I'm ready.
Perfect Sun, here I come!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 am Reply with quote
i love Ranma II, i think they released a US version of it, but it's impossible to find.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote
Long, long ago, I first played the Japanese Ranma Hard Battle game on a Hong Kong bootleg floppy disk drive for the American SNES even before I was aware of the existence of the anime or manga. I didn't know who the characters were. I just thought it's just another fighting game like Street Fighter but not as good. Laughing
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sazh perhaps also embodies some of the visual stereotypes that Japan still insists on applying to black characters.

Actually, he makes me think of a guy from a Sci-Fi Channel show.

Quote:
The kid with the Chrono Trigger hairstyle is Tokio,

Reminded me more of Digimon...

Quote:
Dragonball: Evolution will probably not crawl out of its case at night, slide into your trachea, and choke you to death in your sleep if you happen to buy it.

I'm sure that's what they said about the Streetfighter game based on the movie, too. Rolling Eyes Namdai's going to be broke on that one.

Quote:
Many expected Square's next DS remake to come from the Final Fantasy series, perhaps as V or VI. Few pegged Square's Game Boy RPG Saga 2: Treasure Legend, known here as Final Fantasy Legend II, as the most likely candidate to be rebuilt with 3-D visuals and voice acting. In line with the Final Fantasy III and IV DS revamps, the new Saga 2 will have large-headed characters and colorful environments, with artwork by Gen Kobayashi, last seen helping Tetsuya Nomura with the character design in The World Ends With You.

It'll probably suck as badly as that Seiken Densetsu remake, but it was still one of the more frustrating titles needing a remake, because of some of the cheap bosses and monsters. It's still fun, but the best one in the series is the third FFL, which most likely inspired the game mechanics for CT. Personally, I'd rather have it and the first game get new versions. And I always wondered why the other Saga games weren't as user-friendly as the GB versions.

Quote:
For one thing, it abandons the semi-grounded setting of a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest in favor of a story that skips from one world to another, setting down in a land of Greek myths for one quest and then plunging into a human body to fight off infectious monsters.

Technically, there's some Nordic stuff in there, too. I think other than the deities showing up, it's fairly generic Final Fantasy 8-bit settings.

Quote:
You're sick of games and anime that make Nobunaga out to be a hideous demon king.

As long as he's not a bishie...

Anyway, speaking of unreleased Ranma games, can you cover the PSX version one day?
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:36 am Reply with quote
Of all things, why did they have to make .hack//Link canon? They'd done things without making them part of the .hack meta before... Yeah, seeing some old faces is nice, but thanks for completely retconning their personalities back to where they were at the beginning of their respective series for no discernable reason (at least, none thats been revealed yet). I'm holding hope that Bandai-Namco takes this mess and improves upon it.

It's also sad that Zoids Genesis made it into SRWK and not Zoids: Chaotic Century. Even Zoids Zero would've been preferable.

The SaGa 2 remake is cool though. Hopefully Odin won't be so annoying to beat this time through.

The new FF character reminds me of Chris Rock for some reason. I think it's the expression.

Man, I'm being too negative, I think. PUPPIES AND KITTIES!
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quote
Aww, still no Gurren Lagann in SRW?
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:33 am Reply with quote
Hunter Sopko wrote:
The new FF character reminds me of Chris Rock for some reason. I think it's the expression.

I was thinking Richard Pryor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GwennBlackfeather

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:35 am Reply with quote
Very NICE, glad DJ Max Fever was mentioned! Been waiting for this game for ages now Very Happy
StickyToffeePopcorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"Yes, it's another new Super Robot Wars game, this time with a K! It's also going to be the first title in the series built from scratch for the DS..."

Was W developed for GBA first or something?
Akatsukiwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote
Zoids on an SRT game is very surprising even if it is the Genesis series.

Wait, genesis zoids can't deploy in space. They'll just float to oblivion.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
MUSHA! I've heard all kinds of awesome about that game. The other day, I downloaded that, Cybernator, and Castlevania III. Man, how much fun is it to spoil yourself with classics like these? I know the answer to that one already.

Also, an SRW on DS...I know it won't have English, but since the DS doesn't have region coding I could probably try this one, and there's nothing you can't figure out with a handy FAQ, right?
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote
Aw yeah, MUSHA. Love the first level tune "Fullmetal Fighter".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3