Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2009 - Cosplay Gallery Day 2




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vashfanatic



Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 3466
Location: Back stateside
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Better selection of costumes than yesterday's, though I still don't recognize half the characters (I find that reassuring, somehow).

Also, was that one guy really cosplaying as Jesus? I mean, I suppose what with Saint Young Men it counts, but it still seems a little... odd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Altorrin



Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 307
Location: Florida, United States
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quote
You don't recognize half? Better than me. I didn't recognize about 9/10ths. But then again, I'm not much of an anime or video game fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greg Aubry



Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 222
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of clicking through quickly until I caught the Dhalsim. Stopped me right in my tracks-- absolutely awesome. He really BECAME that character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LordPrometheus





PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Nice! Better selection of costumes than yesterday's, though I still don't recognize half the characters (I find that reassuring, somehow).

Also, was that one guy really cosplaying as Jesus? I mean, I suppose what with Saint Young Men it counts, but it still seems a little... odd.


I recognized most of the characters. Does that make me an uber nerd? Razz

I really don't get the whole "cosplaying as Jesus" thing. I seem to see at least one of those pics from every major con, and it really baffles me. It's almost like a bizzare non-sequiter or something.
Back to top
fuuma_monou



Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 1653
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:58 am Reply with quote
I don't get the three guys with the "No Ma'am" T-shirts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sakagami Tomoyo



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 901
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
I don't get the three guys with the "No Ma'am" T-shirts.


Married With Children. Specifically, it's a group founded and led by Al Bundy. Those t-shirts were their... uniform, for lack of a better term.

Not the most fitting thing at an anime convention, but then neither's the Indiana Jones cosplay. (Or most of the video game cosplay, if you ask me, but I've long since given up fighting that battle.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Himemiya



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Posts: 43
Location: NC
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
With Morning Musume there, I expected more JPOP costumes. Maybe people thought they were just street outfits and didn't think to take their pictures?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
fuuma_monou



Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 1653
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
fuuma_monou wrote:
I don't get the three guys with the "No Ma'am" T-shirts.


Married With Children. Specifically, it's a group founded and led by Al Bundy. Those t-shirts were their... uniform, for lack of a better term.


Don't think I ever saw that episode. Does make sense for the character, though. Al Bundy acolytes at Anime Expo...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shadowrun20XX



Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Most of them are obvious.There are a few I can't place.

*Update 1 Photo #28 and 34

Photo 1:Aladdin (Aladdin,Jasmine)
Photo 2: ?
Photo 3: ?
Photo 4:Battle Royal cosplay
Photo 5:XXX Holic cosplay

Photo 6:Soul Eater (Death the Kid,Excalibur)
Photo 7:Pokemon (Pikachu,Squirtle)
Photo 8:Resident Evil 5
Photo 9:Devil May Cry 3
Photo 10:Married with Children

Photo 11:X-men (Rogue)
Photo 12:Street Fighter (Chun-li)
Photo 13:Indiana Jones
Photo 14:Warcraft 3 or Hellboy 2 cosplay
Photo 15:Fan of K-on? Goth? the small hat makes me think K-on.

Photo 16:Haruhi
Photo 17:Furry or (Akamaru) sans Aka
Photo 18:FF6 (Terra or Celes)
Photo 19:Code Geass
Photo 20:Street Fighter 2 (Cammy)

Photo 21:Jesus
Photo 22:Street Fighter 2 (Dhalsim)
Photo 23:Naruto Cosplay
Photo 24:Fans of K-on? Level 2 (I've been watching too much K-on)
Photo 25:Razor Ramon Sumitani (Hard gay)

Photo 26: ?
Photo 27:Shredder ("Super Shredder!")
Photo 28:Night Elf Druid (Thanks to Sevaren herself)
Photo 29: <Halo> Either a Killzone 2 character or a Final Fantasy (Spirits Within) solider.
Photo 30:Kingdom Hearts

Photo 31:really famillar.
Photo 32:KH cluster
Photo 33:< Can't remember name,>Probably FF7 Aeris (Arith)
Photo 34:Villeta and Ohgi from Code Geass (Thanks RogueJedi86)
Photo 35:Rachel Alucard (PS3) Blazblue

Photo 36:Bridget (Guilty Gear XX:Midnight Carnival)
Photo 37:FF13 cosplay
Photo 38:Peach and Link
Photo 39:<Bleach cosplay
Photo 40: ?

Photo 41: ?
Photo 42:Bleach cosplay
Photo 43: ?
Photo 44: ?
Photo 45:Riza Hawkeye (FMA)

Photo 46: ?
Photo 47: ?
Photo 48: ?
Photo 49:Rinoa (Final Fantasy 8)
Photo 50:Kiddy Grade

Photo 51:Scorpion Vs Iori (Fight!)

Anyone else know what they were dressed as?

Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
Not the most fitting thing at an anime convention, but then neither's the Indiana Jones cosplay. (Or most of the video game cosplay, if you ask me, but I've long since given up fighting that battle.)
Video games,Anime and Manga.It's all part of the same Otaku fandom.At least it ain't old guys in Sailor scout uniforms anymore.


Last edited by Shadowrun20XX on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quote
Number #34 is Villeta and Ohgi from Code Geass. Not too bad looking cosplay either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sevaren



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
Photo 28 is me! Although a fairly unflattering picture. But I'm not Ivy, I'm a Night Elf Druid! Very Happy

I did get Ivy a few times, though. The ears don't give it away?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shadowrun20XX



Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote
Sevaren wrote:
Photo 28 is me! Although a fairly unflattering picture. But I'm not Ivy, I'm a Night Elf Druid! Very Happy

I did get Ivy a few times, though. The ears don't give it away?!
Added.Thank you and my bad,I'm old school.I should have known that.Welcome to the ANN forums by the way. Very Happy

Here's the Introduction Page

RogueJedi86 wrote:
Number #34 is Villeta and Ohgi from Code Geass. Not too bad looking cosplay either.
Added Thank you RogueJedi86.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:00 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Sevaren wrote:
Photo 28 is me! Although a fairly unflattering picture. But I'm not Ivy, I'm a Night Elf Druid! Very Happy

I did get Ivy a few times, though. The ears don't give it away?!
Added.Thank you and my bad,I'm old school.I should have known that.Welcome to the ANN forums by the way. Very Happy

Here's the Introduction Page

RogueJedi86 wrote:
Number #34 is Villeta and Ohgi from Code Geass. Not too bad looking cosplay either.
Added Thank you RogueJedi86.


Minor correction, her name is Viletta. I misspelled it. Razz I'll have to try to ID others after I wake up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gamachan



Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Sevaren wrote:
Photo 28 is me! Although a fairly unflattering picture. But I'm not Ivy, I'm a Night Elf Druid! Very Happy

I did get Ivy a few times, though. The ears don't give it away?!


Hey when i took the picture i knew you were a night elf geez:P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Symmetrical_Magician



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 274
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
The girl in the center of 3 is Meilin from Cardcaptor Sakura (adorable, by the way).

I think only one of the people in 19 is from Code Geass, and the character is Kallen. I don't recognize the character on the right, but it looks incredible, so if someone knows who it is, say so. Or if it's original design...

31 has Kurogane from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle on the left, and someone from Code Geass.

43 is a Pokemon, Jirachi, and 44 is Sango from Inuyasha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group