• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Beast Player Erin Fantasy Anime Today

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic series, truly the hidden gem and most underrated anime of the year.

Still, as the geolocalization doesn't include my country (France) and I can say this series will never be bought by a French publisher (Seirei no Moribito, which has 5 times as many chances to sell as Erin hasn't been licenced here, and knowing extremely well the industry here, I'm pretty sure no publisher will take the risk to licence it...), I hope that either Crunchy will be allowed to broadcast it in France too, or in the worst case scenario, that fansubs will continue to be available so that I can watch the end of this masterpiece.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I am glad someone picked up this good series.
sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh, that is so cool! I love this series! Everyone who likes Moribito should go watch this. It's that caliber.

(And don't be fooled by the child - the series covers her life from childhood to adulthood.)
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
sweet it just so good but it all most over
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote
i was watching this for like 10 episodes and it was taking way too long to pick up, especially compared to the already slow seirei..which ended up a masterpiece IMO. i have no doubt this series is great but it took way too long
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Somehow I hadn't heard of this, but it sounds quite interesting and a lot better than most of what CR has been adding this year. I'll be watching.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
can't wait until an hour from now to watch the first 4 episodes since Fantasy is one of my favorite genres and the plot looks interesting I'll watch it.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote
WOW, holy cow! CR Rocks!

Now all they need is Guin Saga...
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely fantastic addition! Kemono no Sou-ja Erin is one of the best series I've seen lately, and I'm incredibly glad someone picked it up for legal releases, even if it's a rather random time for it to start streaming. :]
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of this but there's a lot of hq names attached to this. Production I.G. is enough to make me check it out. The GitS:SAC and Real Drive writer almost guarantees that i'll like it.
darcerin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when the Japanese were going to get around to naming an anime after me. Wink
maaya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
Jacut wrote:
Still, as the geolocalization doesn't include my country (France) and I can say this series will never be bought by a French publisher

At least the novel has been released in France, which is already something ^^ And France is the only country which has the 12 Kingdoms novels complete >.<

Erin is a great series, but you do need a lot of patience as well watching her grow up. It is at times rather slow, but also gets quite complex. Waiting for an ANN review ^^
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 am Reply with quote
Just watched the first eppie at CR....beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Production IG is just synonymous with top quality for me. I hope CR plans to fill in eppies 5 through 33.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:31 am Reply with quote
Glad to see UK on the list - I've only seen a couple of eps of this but have been meaning to see more.

--edit--

First time I can remember seeing song subs on Crunchytroll.
The opening song reminds me of the ending song for Brave Story but there doesn't appear to be any connection.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mDuo13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Erin is pretty great, but I can't stand streaming anime so all this means to me is I might have someone else to talk to about the series. I guess that's not a bad thing, but I would like to see a DVD release... c'mon RightStuf...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2