• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gantz Licensing Heats Up?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poppycock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:14 pm Reply with quote
well this is intresting. I hope FUNI gets it because ADV has everything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling we'll find out very, very soon.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm hoping for Funi too. I really like their presence at cons. Then again ADV is pretty good too. Still this would be the most mature series they have done. Plus, like you said, ADV has a bigger library. While funmation is expanding theirs, they still have fewer titles and maybe a better forcus. Or maybe they're expanding theirs too much and ADV is more stable. I don't know. Either company is good, but I think Funmation could use the series a bit more and maybe give it a better home. Plus, I don't know if it's still true, but Funmation has said they want to get most of their series on TV. Now this is mostly dreaming here, but if they could get Gantz on cable (and it would have to be like Showtime or Action), that'd be awesome. Plus I'm dying to see the uncut DVD version.

Now if only someone would bring the manga over.

-Xenos
Tenseiga323

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
well unlike you guys I hoping ADV get it and bring the Manga along with it since they have a Manga division.
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Adv usually relises anime on dvd than tv. Funanimation is the one who usually puts anime on tv than they put it on dvd. Don they? Shocked Confused
Tenseiga323

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:41 pm Reply with quote
don't tell you think gantz is going to make it on tv Rolling Eyes
emory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Tenseiga323 wrote:

FUNimation tries to get EVERY one of their properties on TV. This is just a guess of mine, but I think Cartoon Network is FUNimation's primary interest though because every other cable channel that carries anime is in 50,000,000 homes or less, while CN blasts out to 86,400,000 homes, and I believe FUNimation sees channels like Showtime and Starz Action and TechTV as wasted opportunities. Again, that's a guess though simply because all the properties they own that have aired on TV have all been on CN, and meanwhile Fruits Basket and Tenchi GXP and Kiddy Grade have yet to hit the airwaves. Why is that? CN most likely passed on them, so why hasn't another station tried to grab it? I would think International Channel would be all over Tenchi and FruBa like white on rice. Anyhoo, knowing FUNimation, if they can get CN interested in Gantz, it'll make it there. Somehow. They're known for finding a way that no one else would've found.

Meanwhile AN Entertainment maintains their "no edits under any circumstances" attitude. Good luck, gentlemen.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:05 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Tenseiga323 wrote:

FUNimation tries to get EVERY one of their properties on TV. This is just a guess of mine, but I think Cartoon Network is FUNimation's primary interest though because every other cable channel that carries anime is in 50,000,000 homes or less, while CN blasts out to 86,400,000 homes, and I believe FUNimation sees channels like Showtime and Starz Action and TechTV as wasted opportunities. Again, that's a guess though simply because all the properties they own that have aired on TV have all been on CN, and meanwhile Fruits Basket and Tenchi GXP and Kiddy Grade have yet to hit the airwaves. Why is that? CN most likely passed on them, so why hasn't another station tried to grab it? I would think International Channel would be all over Tenchi and FruBa like white on rice. Anyhoo, knowing FUNimation, if they can get CN interested in Gantz, it'll make it there. Somehow. They're known for finding a way that no one else would've found.

Meanwhile AN Entertainment maintains their "no edits under any circumstances" attitude. Good luck, gentlemen.

the only chance this is getting on tv is if it's on Starz or Showtime. there's no way in hell this would be on Cartoon Network
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Cartoon Network Show FUNanimation on Saturday night. And once each day right?
Tenseiga323

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Tenseiga323 wrote:

First of all

Do you know the content of this show?

Theres no way in hell Funi will air this on tv.Even on Japanese TV it was heavily edit that almost make no sense.If this were to air its probably on Anime Network.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Anyhoo, knowing FUNimation, if they can get CN interested in Gantz, it'll make it there. Somehow. They're known for finding a way that no one else would've found.

LOL. That gave me quite a good laugh. Just imagining what that would look like is funny. I am quite sure you have never read the show or especially never seen the manga. It's not that I'm being all edit Nazi, I just don't see how to censor it without cutting out entire scene or having giant blurs. Then again that's what they did on Japanese TV. Yet here, especially with cable, you can have nudity and gore.

-Xenos
Zeiram

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Well they also apparently have www.burstangel.com (bakuretsu tenshi)

no news yet <.< i'm still watching that tho waaa gonna get interrupted x_x (is a Jo fanboy)

say they announced they ahd the gunslinger girl anime tv series

that's liek all mature stories, they truing to do a new niche market? hmm
emory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I never said it would be on CN. I'm saying if FUNimation wanted it there, they'd find some miraculous way to put it there. They did it with Blue Gender.

Maybe FUNimation saw the content of Gantz and thus its minimal marketing potential, which is why signs are starting to point in ADV's direction.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Twilight Dragon wrote:
Adv usually relises anime on dvd than tv. Funanimation is the one who usually puts anime on tv than they put it on dvd. Don they? Shocked Confused

Twilight Dragon wrote:
Cartoon Network Show FUNanimation on Saturday night. And once each day right?

Zeiram wrote:
no news yet <.< i'm still watching that tho waaa gonna get interrupted x_x (is a Jo fanboy)

say they announced they ahd the gunslinger girl anime tv series

that's liek all mature stories, they truing to do a new niche market? hmm

Would you people please read what you write before you hit post? I can't understand any of it!

That's it, FORUM modification time.
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Really, is it really Mature? Wow cant whait to see this Zeiram. Do you know the date it might com out
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4