• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gintama Director Shinji Takamatsu: 'It's Not Over'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
*A* Hurray~ more gintama is a good thing. i was actually getting worried by the countdown they were having ;;u;; i'm glad that it'll return.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
"Only begun" at episode 200-something? I suppose I can expect like 2500 episodes lol. Well, I'll eventually get to Gintama, as only 5 never-ending shonen shows don't seem enough to me.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quote
what a relief, now if we can just get an exact date for when it will return.
sam6782

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote
I knew it wasn't over Sunrise knows better than just to end Gin Tama with just one random episode. now the question is when is it coming back
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote
Writing scripts? I didn't know he was that involved on the show.
spartydragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
W00t!!!!!!

Sunrise luffs Gintama as much as the fans do, they wouldn't let it drop like that without plans to return.

I still say the new series'll be called "Gintama: Reloaded; bigger, faster and ribbed for her pleasure. Wink"

Laughing
JLightstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote
"The creator [Hideaki] Sorachi didn't come today, and I think he's undoubtedly writing new story scripts. Once we have gathered the stock material, we staff members want to work on it again."

So Sorachi is writing story scripts for the anime while writing and drawing the manga? Sounds like he might be a little overworked. I hope this isn't the norm for creators who have their works adapted for anime. ( Would like to know if Kishimoto, Kubo, and Oda have to deal with that.)
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
JLightstar wrote:
"The creator [Hideaki] Sorachi didn't come today, and I think he's undoubtedly writing new story scripts. Once we have gathered the stock material, we staff members want to work on it again."

So Sorachi is writing story scripts for the anime while writing and drawing the manga? Sounds like he might be a little overworked. I hope this isn't the norm for creators who have their works adapted for anime. ( Would like to know if Kishimoto, Kubo, and Oda have to deal with that.)

He's referring to drafts for new manga stories. Once there are more manga stories, the anime staff members can then adapt them.
Wooga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:12 am Reply with quote
Best news I've heard all week. At least after a crappy day I know that at least there'll be more GinTama someday...
boznia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:22 am Reply with quote
Woo, good news. Thought I might never get to see Gin & co. animated on a weekly basis again.
H0shi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quote
wow, more Gintama!

hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:35 am Reply with quote
Only 200 episodes? Inuyasha has 193, if you need a comparison of how much that is!
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Only 200 episodes? Inuyasha has 193, if you need a comparison of how much that is!

BLeach is at 263 so far with no sign of stopping soon. Just the first Naruto had 220 episodes--although that does include the filler--and Shippuden has added another 153 so far. Dragonball Z alone was 291 episodes; adding in the original and GT brings it up over 500. (Kai is a recycling of Z so I wouldn't really include it.)

I think the real indicator of whether Bleach will continue will be in how well the movie does.
rubixcubd60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
BLeach is at 263 so far with no sign of stopping soon. Just the first Naruto had 220 episodes--although that does include the filler--and Shippuden has added another 153 so far. Dragonball Z alone was 291 episodes; adding in the original and GT brings it up over 500. (Kai is a recycling of Z so I wouldn't really include it.)

Don't forget about One Piece over 450 episodes so far.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quote
But Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece are popular... I'm KIDDING I'm KIDDING!!! Gintama is good stuff too.

Honestly I see this as a bit of an experiment on the production end similar to what Inuyasha did. Instead of filling a show with a bunch of fillers until they get more from the source material, it might be better to end the series and open up the timeslot for new shorter series then come back later. Similar to Western Television. You risk losing the attention from the audience but such a thing has never really been done before with a longer running anime series so it was never certain if the "end a series now, come back to it later" method equaled death to these types of series. Really Naruto should have used this method too to be honest. Bleach too. Although I have no idea how Inuyasha is doing with their return so this break may spell disaster for the Gintama anime as people feared. But the method seems to work fine with other series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2