• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hajime no Ippo's Morikawa Starts 1st New Series in 22 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I've never read the manga, but really enjoyed the Geneon series. I don't see anything in the article that indicates he will wrap up Ippo soon, but does anyone out there know if it looks like it's starting to wind toward a conclusion?
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
I've never read the manga, but really enjoyed the Geneon series. I don't see anything in the article that indicates he will wrap up Ippo soon, but does anyone out there know if it looks like it's starting to wind toward a conclusion?

Stuff that's been happening lately gives the indication that something big will be happening soon. Personally, I think Morikawa just wants to reach Volume 100, or chapter 1000, before finally advancing the story in the direction it should have gone a long time ago: Having Ippo finally go to the world stage.

Honestly, I could see Morikawa get to Volume 100, and then say "Hajime no Ippo is over! Welcome the sequel!" and effectively start from chapter 1 again. Having Ippo go to world stage would be enough of a big event to warrant starting over from chapter 1 and treat it like a new title.
Clodus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, I also think he's setting up the next fight for something major to happen in chapter 1000. The latest chapter's cliffhanger stopped when when the main character Ippo and the coach talk about his current world ranking spoiler[being 7th.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heiji-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Ai ni Iku yo will be a mini serie (5 chapters). She will end in august.
https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/statuses/213127050079387649
Zopyros

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:25 am Reply with quote
I hope it's good. I didn't read the Hajime no Ippo mangas, just the anime series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1