• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Please Rate this "editorial"/argument

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MugenHeadNinja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
Long story short on facebook i found the page "anime is satan" so i looked at some of its posts and got infuriated! So infuriated i felt as if i had to retaliate, in which that is what i did, although i didn't violently retaliate i did retaliate in a way to try to convince them that anime isn't evil and that most of them are made by the japanese which is a different culture, and that they should respect the differences between our religion and theirs also on how they should look on american cartoons that are worse than a lot of anime (i listed some in the argument) anyways guys i put 100% of my heart into this as i am very passionate about anime and would love for everyone to read and rate it.

"I'm just gonna start this off blunt, for one your "about us" says "We gtta rid thi evil from the grip of our children! Its our opinion but itz tru!" for one fix that entire statement, please! I mean seriously you are trying to make a point and convince people but you are spelling like first graders who didn't pay attention in kindergarden. Second, have you seen some cartoons out there, a lot of them are worse than what your claiming anime to be (EX.1: spongebob squarepants while appearing to be a kids show [which it is] also has plenty of sexual jokes some that are put so bluntly its nearly impossible to ignore, that is of course your a kid who watches it. EX.2: If you have paid attention to some of the more "mainstream" cartoons you would realize most of them are a lot more crude than anime examples being Robot Chicken, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show, Squidbillies, Black Dynamite, The Boondocks ect. ect.) some of the worst offenders being Robot Chicken, Squidbillies, Black Dynamite and the Boondocks. And finally, (this will start to gear towards anime now) a lot anime are more about teaching kids and even the older people important fundamentals in life some are beyblade, pokemon, naruto, and trigun. First off I will start with BeyBlade, just in case you are unaware of the plot or what ever it's about kids with these "toys" called beyblades who compete with other kids and their beyblades and essentially there are some evil organisations who are out to abuse the power of the beyblades and the heros (the main characters) eventually end up stopping them. But if you examine it more beyblade teaches important lessons as well, some examples are, 1. beyblade can teach kids no matter how bad the situation is to never give up and never lose faith 2. beyblade also can teach that teamwork and friendship are some of the most important things in life 3. Beyblade can also teach to not judge a book by its cover (for example a character called Ryuga is, for the first season the antagonist, but after that second part he is rarely shown until around the end of the second season where even though he may act mysterious and be somewhat of a loner he helps the heroes incredibly at the end of the second season and throughout the third season). Next will be about pokemon, not much i can say about pokemon that hasn't been said about beyblade, anyways 1. Pokemon can teach that if you care for and treat your pokemon (which resemble real life animals) properly that they will love and protect you (real quick just wanna say sorry for not having much to say about pokemon just don't want to sound so much like a broken record). Next will be about naruto, now i will just get straight into this 1. Naruto can teach you that even if it might seem that you are hated by everyone and no matter how hard you try they still don't think different of you, their will always be people out their who care for you and love you 2. Naruto can also teach you that no matter the differences between people even thought it may not seem like it, they can still become friends, sometimes even the best of friends! 3. Naruto can teach you that even the fiercest of rivalries can turn into the best of friendships. Finally Trigun, now i will admit i honest don't know much about this anime cause i haven't seen the whole thing but i just wanna state that the person who made Trigun had recently converted from buddist to christianity (the anime being made shortly after he converted) and also contains christian life styles (like i said i haven't seen the whole thing yet) for example the main character although imposed as a bandit/criminal he is really just a guy who always happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and also seems to have bad luck with stuff like that, anyways through out the series he runs into real bandits/criminals who may be trying to destroy a town, kidnap a person, steal something ect. and he always tries (and from what I've seen always does end up stopping them) to stop them, but his HUGE thing is to NEVER kill anybody (and of course another of his HUGE things is to always protect people even if doing so may cost him his life).Anyways i just want to end by saying I'm sorry if i did end up sounding like a broken record and if i misspelled something or if my grammar was a little iffy, i am typing this at 12:30 AM - 1:05 AM (I'm not the best when it comes to writing stuff). (Consider this an ending note) while their are some animes that involve the worship of false gods remember that the majority of anime comes from japan where they have a completely different religion than us, also some normal and cartoon shows are just as bad as you are claiming anime to be, and finally just want to kind of throw this out here assuming you are christian (doesn't really make a difference if your catholic, methodist ect. since in the long run they are the same) we are suppost to accept the fact that people WILL think differently from us and believe differently than us and not let that bother us, although at the same time we are not suppost to look at people different and judge them just because they don't believe in a god or believe in a different god." - By, MugenHeadNinja (original post on facebook)
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
This is an "editorial" argument? I thought I was reading a rant full of nerd rage. Laughing

But in all seriousness, not the best place to post this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
Uh, you're posting this in the wrong place. We provide feedback on ANN's editorials here, not other people's arguments.

I recommend that you post this in the Anime Sub-Forum, along with an actual title and using more paragraph breaks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1