• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comic Gear Mag Stops Publication in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonic+Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:35 am Reply with quote
Well, I kind of expected this to happen sooner or later. I've been checking though the ratings of Comic Gear on Amazon Japan a few months ago after its debut, and seeing mostly 1- and 2-star ratings from the readers on the two issues, I would say that it was very disappointing and inevitable for Comic Gear to be a short-lived magazine. It was only a matter of time before the announcements came through.

This is a bit similar with another magazine, Comic Blade Brownie, from publisher Mag Garden. ANN have posted news with a tidbit related to Mag Garden's postponement of their second issue a while back. Eventually I discovered that their Brownie link buttons from Mag Garden's main site have just "disappeared". I couldn't find any news about its publication ending suddenly (or anything else to confirm this) and I wasn't able to find any ratings about its performance on Amazon Japan,. I did discovered on Mag Garden's magazine sites that some of the mangas from Brownie have been transferred over into Blade and Avarus. I'm guessing they were very subtle with this move, or they might have other plans for Brownie but are now on hold, I don't know.
Pedestrian A

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I blame it on the moe otakus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1