• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Resident Evil: Revelations Listed for PS3/Xbox 360 by Korean Board

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
I see Capcom is trying to recover from the RE6 fiasco, yes I'm aware that game sold well but the gameplay wasn't good from what I hear. Guess they're trying to make up for that. Also this is a nice welcome, looks like another exclusive lost (just like Mass Effect 1 which was published by Microsoft is coming to PS3, or Goldeneye on Wii getting a PS3/360 port when Activision said that game was supposed to be a Wii exclusive). I would've like this game to get a Vita port since this game was made with a portable console in mind, and to help Vita sales in Japan.

to ANN: I got to this article by clicking on "XSEED Games Considers Localizing Unchained Blades Sequel" and it led me to this article instead of the article about XSEED games article. Could you fix that link?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 am Reply with quote
^ Fiasco? I personally thought the game was great.

But on another note, one less reason for me not to get a 3ds. Well if it comes to America. There's hardly any games for it that strikes my fancy that isn't a port for the 3ds.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
I approve of this madness
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
^ Fiasco? I personally thought the game was great.

But on another note, one less reason for me not to get a 3ds. Well if it comes to America. There's hardly any games for it that strikes my fancy that isn't a port for the 3ds.

You're probably one of the minority. I'm hearing a lot of people not liking this game because it depart from horror survival genre competely, the campaign was rather mixed. A lot of gamers online said this game was trying to appeal to Call of Duty and Gears fan rather then horror survival and RE fans. Capcom didn't use any influence from recent horror survival game like Dead Space. If Capcom can't make Resident Evil back into what it was then give it to a western studio like Visceral game (if EA allow them to and I would love Konami to hav the next Silent Hill to be done by Visceral game).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:35 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
You're probably one of the minority

Sales would suggest otherwise. It's also ironic you use Dead Space because Dead Space's has gotten such mediocre sales EA apparently put their foot down and said Dead Space 3 needs to do double what both 1 and 2 did or the series is kaput. Which might be why DS3 is introducing a similar 2 player co-op mechanic like another survival horror game. I think your statement is reversed in this situation.

I think Biohazard/RE is pretty much what all modern survival horrors strive to be at the end of the day. It's certainly the most successful. Though I would like to see more games in Clock Tower/Uninvited era. Back when 'survival' meant 'run away/hide' rather than 'shoot with guns', though the ammo/Ink Ribbon conservation in the earlier BH/RE titles were certainly enjoyable as well.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
You're probably one of the minority

Sales would suggest otherwise. It's also ironic you use Dead Space because Dead Space's has gotten such mediocre sales EA apparently put their foot down and said Dead Space 3 needs to do double what both 1 and 2 did or the series is kaput. Which might be why DS3 is introducing a similar 2 player co-op mechanic like another survival horror game. I think your statement is reversed in this situation.

I think Biohazard/RE is pretty much what all modern survival horrors strive to be at the end of the day. It's certainly the most successful. Though I would like to see more games in Clock Tower/Uninvited era. Back when 'survival' meant 'run away/hide' rather than 'shoot with guns', though the ammo/Ink Ribbon conservation in the earlier BH/RE titles were certainly enjoyable as well.
Sales do not equal people enjoying the game. RE6, as a longtime fan who personally preferred the approach taken by the newer games, is a heap of garbage in my opinion. But I bought it, thus contributing to the sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1