• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Games Inc. Launched

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what this could mean for the games. Will being a separate game division make them better than before? (Note that most of BANDAI's software ranged in reviews from "good" to "don't bother".)

I like the .hack games and the InuYasha games, but none of them were generally accepted by the mass market.

It's pretty much a niche market.

(Doesn't bother me much, though, since I have a lot of their games and really like them -- even if they are substandard according to the critics. Smile )
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I heard a pretty good rumor that Naruto: Narutimate Hero 2 has been picked up by Bandai. Nothing on the first one, just the second. But since Bandai didn't have anything about it on their site, or for that fact, and real gaming sites (1Up, GameSpot, IGN) I just toke it as it is. Hopely that bring about the release of the GBA Narutos and the upcoming one for the DS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
I heard a pretty good rumor that Naruto: Narutimate Hero 2 has been picked up by Bandai. Nothing on the first one, just the second. But since Bandai didn't have anything about it on their site, or for that fact, and real gaming sites (1Up, GameSpot, IGN) I just toke it as it is. Hopely that bring about the release of the GBA Narutos and the upcoming one for the DS.

Well, one magazine (forget which one, I posted about it back in January I think) said that the first one was licensed for sure but wasn't sure about the second one, nor did they know who had licensed it so who knows? I'll wait until I see something official which should be really soon with the anime licensed and all.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
First, News on uncut One Piece, now news on possible game releases YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its time to set sail for a mystery,
Don't know where we'll go
or what were gonna see
ONE PIECE!
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:31 am Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
First, News on uncut One Piece, now news on possible game releases YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

or what were gonna see
ONE PIECE!

What news on uncut One Piece?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:09 am Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:

or what were gonna see
ONE PIECE!

Pleasetreasurebattlepleasetreasurebattlepleasetreasurebattle...
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:29 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Laruto wrote:

or what were gonna see
ONE PIECE!

Pleasetreasurebattlepleasetreasurebattlepleasetreasurebattle...

Madman Ent. picked up the rights for Australian DVD distribution of One Piece, and commented that it would be uncut, bilingual DVDs.

Apon further interrogation, it was found out they licensed it from 4Kids and will be using the materials that 4kids has either made, or is in the process of making, for Uncut One Piece DVDs. This gives a good chance that it will come out in the states, because there'd be no reason not to.

(The thing is, even yu-gi-oh and shaman king uncut didn't get much in the way of press... One Piece wouldnt be any different)
Izlude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:54 am Reply with quote
I sent a scan of the Narultimate Hero scan to Tazmo of Naruto Fan about roughly two months ago confirming it is heading this way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/Narultimate.jpg

With Naruto U.S bound, of course a game has to come this way as well!
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
Izlude wrote:

With Naruto U.S bound, of course a game has to come this way as well!

I have seen the scan and dropped by GMR site (which is a part of the 1Up site, not listed need the less.) the other day and they didn't have anything on it, outside of it's in Japan. I guess they are waiting to say that they have more then one at E3 (2 months from now.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
The question still remains:

Do you think that the games will be better, worse, or the same as BANDAI Games of the past?
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Much better that they are coming from the US Bandai or Bandai of Japan. Razz I image that they would stay, but now with more Digimon and Gundam. Ohhhh. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1