• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Gantz's 1st Official Teaser Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
Yo FUNi, it should be time that you guys pick up the piece of Gantz that should make the real money for you now.
3rdHalf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
I saw the first trailer in the end of last year, and i have to say: I am a bit skeptical about this.
I loved the anime, but movie? I hope that i wont be just another, cheap moneymaker, like Death Note Movies!
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
I could've sworn I read about this on Topless Robot a few days back-- maybe it wasn't the "official" trailer yet. Anyway, I'm still torn about whether or not to watch this. Love the cast (those whom I recognize, at least) but excessive violence is a big turn-off for me. I watched 2 eps of the anime and never gave it a second look. Unlike Gantz fans, I'm actually hoping the film is toned down from what I saw (and subsequently heard about) from the anime. I'm almost postive they'd have to since there are real people involved.

All that aside though, Nino looks great with black hair and that snug suit. Anime catgrin

P.S. Ooh, Takayuki Yamada is in this too? Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GordanHam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:42 am Reply with quote
Looks good. I just wonder how different it will be from the manga.

Also, the manga currently has 28 volumes.
diligent sesame

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quote
I still have a problem with Gantz...but I'm kind of excited to see how the live action movie will turn out!

In case anyone's like me and can't figure out how to access the trailer, you click on the floating text in the black orb. lol (Yes, I have seen this in the manga, I am so lame...)

Last edited by diligent sesame on Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quote
Looks god-awful. :X

And here I thought the Death Note movies were beyond terrible...
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
Edit: nm, it finally loaded.

Trailer looks better than your average manga adaptation so far, but then again, other than shots of the actors in the costumes and a few gun-shooting scenes and explosions, we didn't see anything, did we? No moments of acting, nothing that will require serious CG effects, etc. It could be good, it could be awful. Stupid teaser trailers!
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Is anybody else just getting a blank black screen when they go to the webpage?
For me just now, first it went to a white screen for quite a while, then the black screen, then finally, after a minute or so the background pic came up. Though when I watched it last night, I got the main page right away but it took a few minutes to play the trailer, stuttering along in slo-mo, before I could then re-watched it at regular speed. Granted, this computer isn't the newest thing but usually it's not that slow. Maybe just give it another few minutes and see if it loads?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Is anybody else just getting a blank black screen when they go to the webpage?
For me just now, first it went to a white screen for quite a while, then the black screen, then finally, after a minute or so the background pic came up. Though when I watched it last night, I got the main page right away but it took a few minutes to play the trailer, stuttering along in slo-mo, before I could then re-watched it at regular speed. Granted, this computer isn't the newest thing but usually it's not that slow. Maybe just give it another few minutes and see if it loads?

Yeah, I reloaded, then waited again, and it seemed to run. And it must be the website, because my computer is less than a year old and generally has no problems with loading sites (if I allow them with script blocker).
Niomo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
Looks good. I just wonder how different it will be from the manga.

Also, the manga currently has 28 volumes.

it'll be exactly the same............i hope. it won't be an anime adaptation, so that's all i really care about.

Kei and grandpa on Gantz-class motorcycle ftw!
branko7171

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look so bad.
We didn't get much but it seems like there's some stuff that wasn't in the manga. Or am i wrong?
population_tire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that thinks this movie will be awesome no matter how terrible it is?

Wishful thinking, but maybe we'll get a Gantz Ultimate / Brotherhood.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1