• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk, Oreimo Promo Videos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Don't recall any scenes in the Berserk manga where Casca decides to wear an outfit seemingly made of leaves.

That new commercial would suggest that the new anime is going to be toning down the content pretty heavily. If the nudity is out, then god knows how they'll handle some of the later stuff from the manga.

Trolls anyone? Laughing
ELDRAGON

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
who cares if they tone it down? I'm just happy they're actually making this Anime hyper
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Don't recall any scenes in the Berserk manga where Casca decides to wear an outfit seemingly made of leaves.

That new commercial would suggest that the new anime is going to be toning down the content pretty heavily. If the nudity is out, then god knows how they'll handle some of the later stuff from the manga.

Trolls anyone? Laughing

the scene in the trailer is from the part after Casca falls off the cliff and Guts rescues her from the river, in the scene she is wear some leaves as a blanket, but not for long.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
animehermit is correct. In the manga they were larger fern-like leaves that actually covered her more thoroughly. It looks like censorship in the animated clip since it doesn't seem they'd be of any use for retaining warmth.
Credibility

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote
What's the name of the song in the berserk commercials?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Carefully placed leaves on nakedCaska FTW!!

Ugh, but if these commercials actually represent the new anime, this means it's a remake. Anime hyper One can only hope that they'll continue it on past the Eclipse this time and into the second arc.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Ugh, but if these commercials actually represent the new anime, this means it's a remake. Anime hyper One can only hope that they'll continue it on past the Eclipse this time and into the second arc.

A re-make would explain the clues in the ads ("Berserk Begins", "Berserk: Rebirth", "Berserk Stirs [as in the womb]", "A new history is carved"). The armour Griffith is wearing in one clip is very post-eclipse, though, and there was one clip of post-eclipse Guts.
Zipper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
I think the new Berserk series will be like FMA Brotherhood in that it will start over and then continue past the point where the older anime left off. It also sounds like this one will stay truer to the manga.
keikanna44

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know of a release date of when this is supposed to come out?

I was really hoping they wouldn't do a remake because the original version was such a classic. (re-watching it now) It makes me nervous when companies start remaking things that were good to begin with. I'm all for staying true to the manga but I don't know if a complete revamp was necessary. Oh well I'll suspend judgement until I actually see it which I hope is sometime soon.

Also some of the shots I saw were after the eclipse so maybe it will have more to do with continuing the first season.

I NEED MORE INFO!
branko7171

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:08 am Reply with quote
Zipper wrote:
I think the new Berserk series will be like FMA Brotherhood in that it will start over and then continue past the point where the older anime left off. It also sounds like this one will stay truer to the manga.

I hope so.
@keikanna44:
There's some important stuff that they left out.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quote
branko7171 wrote:
@keikanna44:
There's some important stuff that they left out.

Mostly the Skull Knight. Everything else (spoiler[the Queen's affair with Julian, the King's perversion, Wyald]) added depth to the first arc, but don't play a huge role in the second. I mean, yes the first anime was not that faithful and I never got more than 4 episodes into it because I found it boring (and then just gobbled up the manga), but I'd much rather it just get to the next story ASAP. And not just because my favorite character only shows up then, I've also been tremendously disappointed by the "more faithful remakes" thus far; in both cases I'd rather just read the manga because I didn't like them as adaptations of their source material.
jsc315

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Zipper wrote:

If that happens I would be very very happy. Also there is a rumor out there that the CG is from the leak that came out a few years ago. So there is a possibility that It will be a lot better looking or it may not be CG at all and they are just using it as a promo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shichimi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I really do hope that the new Berserk will move further forwards than the original, and show us some new stuff. But even if it's just the same material revisited with a lick of paint, I guess that's fine too.

Oreimo looks like it could be all kinds of wrong, although maybe that's just me jumping to conclusions. Female otaku do exist, so why not have a series about it? And how far does this collaboration with Index 2 go? I wonder if viewers can expect to see the characters from one show appear in the other.
The American Average

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
cool
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
Also there is a rumor out there that the CG is from the leak that came out a few years ago. So there is a possibility that It will be a lot better looking or it may not be CG at all and they are just using it as a promo.

The second clip from the first ad (post-Eclipse Guts running towards the camera), and Zodd from the second ad, match with the leaked images. So something very similar definitely existed sometime back around 2008 (the quality appears to be identical). Those still images were supposedly from an internal animated trailer thing, so it seems likely that little if anything has changed since then.

The guy who first released the leaked shots has said that other scenes from these ads were not in the trailer he saw back then, though... so they're likely to be more recent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2