• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eva 2.0, Tekkonkinkreet to Be Screened in Atlanta

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Does any one know whether they will be showing the dubbed version of Eva 2.22 or just the subbed version?
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
That sounds amazing. I've never been to something like this, but I really, really want to!

I'm two hours from Atlanta, though...and have no means of transport other than my parents...and Midtown's not exactly the safest part of the city either...at night no less...OTL
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
Ok, I'm confused. For one thing, how in the hell are you gonna squeeze 4 movies into 4 hours? That's impossible. Also, is this overnighter actually on Thursday night/Friday morning, or Friday night/Saturday morning?!?
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote
I'm glad that they're playing anime in Atlanta. Eva 2.0 is really good and Vamp D2 was both the first "anime" film I saw and the first one I saw in a movie theater so there's a bit of sentimental value into checking this event out.

I kinda wish it was Eva 2.22 since I just saw 2.0 in a theater not to long ago, although it looks like this one is playing in a modern theater that can pump bass and believes in the concept of treble. I really wish it wasn't at such an oddball time though. 12am-4am on Friday morning is a bit much for me. I'm usually knocked out by 1, not to mention that Friday is a workday/school day for most people.

LagannImpact wrote:
(1) Ok, I'm confused. For one thing, how in the hell are you gonna squeeze 4 movies into 4 hours? That's impossible. (2) Also, is this overnighter actually on Thursday night/Friday morning, or Friday night/Saturday morning?!?

1. I thought the same thing. Eva 2.0 is close to 2 hours and I think Vamp is in the area of 90 minutes. The other two must be like... 20 minute OVAs or something.

2. I checked the calender and 12:00am on March 25th is a Friday morning. Very odd.

---
After checking the link in the article, it seems like

1) This is Eva 2.22
2) The event starts at 11:45 pm on a Friday, making it Fri to Sat
3) It mentions nothing about it being a 4-hour event.
4) The theater serves real food and alcohol... hmm, I think I'm definitely going now.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:45 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...$20, but I'm sure it's extra for food and alcohol. If not that would be a helluva bargain!

But how strange that it doesn't even start until 11:45! But I guess they had to show "real" big-budget movies before that...?
PanKon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
I'm in Atlanta and going to the event. I was talking to one of the organizers and this is the info I have.

1. The time was a flub. It starts at midnight but they start letting people in at 11:45 on Friday night.

2. With the movies, they are actually using THREE screens in the theater! One theather is for video gaming and the other two are showing wither movies or anime shows.

By the way, the secret movie is "The Wizard" in the video game room.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sailor Moon on the big screen cause I'm a huge SM fan!

P.S. Midtown is fine after dark, now Piedmont Park, well...... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1