• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggestion for forum organization.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberViper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
This is just a modest suggestion to the forum that I think would make it more organized.

I apologize in advance for posting a new topic about this, I couldn't find a suitable place in the forums for posting suggestions.

I guess now I have two suggestions:
1.) Create a Suggestion section in the Bugs and Technical Questions section of the forum.
2.) Make a Trash Can section, where all locked posts can be thrown, but still read. This way they don't get confused or mixed up with posts inside the different forum sections.

Anyway, I understand the Moderators are very busy as it is, and i'm sure doing either one of these would take a lot of time and effort.

I hope there is someone else out there that agrees with me that the forums get very crowded with locked messages, and there should be a special location where they can be tossed, but still read.
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote
i would have to agree with him in a certian aspect, 2days (im still rather new at forum chat) i wanted to find out about a spesic anime show. well luckily i had someone who had already comented on a thread about the same show give me a link to it.

wut im trying to get at is there should be a fast simple way of locating a thread acording to the title or subject other then searching through hundreds of posts ( i apolgise if u have a search for this and i dont kno about it)
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
CyberViper wrote:
2.) Make a Trash Can section, where all locked posts can be thrown, but still read. This way they don't get confused or mixed up with posts inside the different forum sections.

Every locked thread can still be read. They just eventually fade further back into the archives. Most threads that get locked are so stupid that putting any more effort into them is a complete waste of time and energy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1