Forum - View topic
NEWS: Diabolik Lovers Vampire TV Anime Slated for September 16




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 3714
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
the series will premiere on Japan's AT-X channel on September 16.

a fujoshi show... premiering on AT-X Shocked

and with 6 sadistic vampire brothers, can you say incest shipping? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheAncientOne



Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 1841
Location: USA (mid-south)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 am Reply with quote
That is an unusually early premiere for a televised anime (vs. a netcast) that isn't aired earlier in the day on a broadcast channel.

I have to wonder if the broadcast stations that air it won't be at least two weeks behind AT-X.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:59 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Quote:
the series will premiere on Japan's AT-X channel on September 16.

a fujoshi show... premiering on AT-X Shocked

and with 6 sadistic vampire brothers, can you say incest shipping? Laughing


It is not a fujoshi show. It's a show aimed at female otaku. Yes, there's a difference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:48 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
That is an unusually early premiere for a televised anime (vs. a netcast) that isn't aired earlier in the day on a broadcast channel.

I have to wonder if the broadcast stations that air it won't be at least two weeks behind AT-X.
Which would mean, sadly, that any legal simulcast will be similarly late... Mad

Otome reverse harem isn't usually my thing but I'm actually enjoying Brothers Conflict this season and I've enjoyed Sukitte Ii na Yo and other series animated by Zexcs so I will give Diabolik Lovers a try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sakuragtin



Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote
I would like to second that this is not a fujoshi show. I know some girls like to watch and pair but I have never enjoyed nor saw the purpose to a show about one girl being sexually harassed, wait I mean romantically pursued by at least five men of varying quality when she herself has as much personality as a piece of lint. (I'm also incredibly picky about how my romances are played though and guys automatically falling in love with the girl who shows up because she's insert clichéd reason here irritates me - does the same thing to me in yaoi except I either drop it or laugh maliciously at the hilarity of it all.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
when she herself has as much personality as a piece of lint.


LOL. Heroine from AMNESIA and Ema from Brothers Conflict.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
sakuragtin wrote:
when she herself has as much personality as a piece of lint.


LOL. Heroine from AMNESIA and Ema from Brothers Conflict.
At first I wondered why a first-time seiyuu is playing the female lead in Diabolik Lovers before I remembered that all she has to say is, "eeetoo," "ehhhh," "ehhhhh," "uhhhhn,", "un," "uh hu," "huh," and most importantly "..." to be convincing in this role, sadly. But I may still watch it LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistress_kisara



Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 210
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quote
For those of you who are planning to watch this show I sure hope you know what you're getting into Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia



Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 5360
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
I would like to second that this is not a fujoshi show. I know some girls like to watch and pair but I have never enjoyed nor saw the purpose to a show about one girl being sexually harassed, wait I mean romantically pursued by at least five men of varying quality when she herself has as much personality as a piece of lint. (I'm also incredibly picky about how my romances are played though and guys automatically falling in love with the girl who shows up because she's insert clichéd reason here irritates me - does the same thing to me in yaoi except I either drop it or laugh maliciously at the hilarity of it all.)


This. I really have to wonder why Japan thinks a girl's ultimate fantasy is to be sexually assaulted by a bunch of guys -regardless of their looks- while having no more brain power than that required to stutter "uhhh" "ehhh" "ettoo" and "dameee". Which is why I'm watching Meganebu and not this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

This. I really have to wonder why Japan thinks a girl's ultimate fantasy is to be sexually assaulted by a bunch of guys -regardless of their looks- while having no more brain power than that required to stutter "uhhh" "ehhh" "ettoo" and "dameee". Which is why I'm watching Meganebu and not this.


Well, to be fair, Felicita from Arcana Famiglia and Ema from Brothers Conflict had more personality in the books/game, or rather the way they portrayed them was different and good.

mistress_kisara wrote:
For those of you who are planning to watch this show I sure hope you know what you're getting into Rolling Eyes


I think people are still thinking they're going to get a sweet story with a little blood sucking. Lol.

hpulley wrote:

At first I wondered why a first-time seiyuu is playing the female lead in Diabolik Lovers before I remembered that all she has to say is, "eeetoo," "ehhhh," "ehhhhh," "uhhhhn,", "un," "uh hu," "huh," and most importantly "..." to be convincing in this role, sadly. But I may still watch it LOL.


True, it seems to be fairly easy to have that role lol. I don't understand why Sylph, Otomate and Hune X made their heroines this way. Are they trying to get an otome feel in the anime? If that's what they're doing they're failing miserably. They're trying to take the easy way out. It's called an ANIME for a reason. Regarding this anime, I'll probably watch it but I'm not a masochist and I want to slap sadistic anime boys......but I'm still going to watch it because of the bishies. Since it's an anime, I hope they'll cut down on the sadism. But that's just me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistress_kisara



Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 210
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote
[quote="phoenixalia"]
CrowLia wrote:

Regarding this anime, I'll probably watch it but I'm not a masochist and I want to slap sadistic anime boys......but I'm still going to watch it because of the bishies. Since it's an anime, I hope they'll cut down on the sadism. But that's just me.

I HOPE they DON'T cut down on the sadism because I want this to horrify the viewers. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group