• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay: Umineko no Naku Koro ni's Chiester 45

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
So pretty looking

Also, when did the whole Chiester thing go official? I thought Witch-Hunt didn't get word on if it was the right spelling or not so Siesta still worked.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I REALLY like the styling of the fringe on that wig. The cosplay is sooo much better looking than that reference picture =D
KN_guro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
This is actually surprisingly good. I think her face matches her personality well.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Awww, she is adorable! She definitely got the character down. Well done!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone else thought of the manufacturer Chrysler besides me when the read this article.

Different wording all together, but that is what I thought when I first read the name.
Aeriven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Also, when did the whole Chiester thing go official? I thought Witch-Hunt didn't get word on if it was the right spelling or not so Siesta still worked.

I think Witch-Hunt has suspected this since the Umineko fighting game came out (since that's where the name "Chiester" first appeared), but I believe some theory book that had a post-EP8 interview with Ryuukishi07 definitively confirmed that it's Chiester spoiler[(Winchester with an "I" added in (and "ai" = love))].

On topic...That is a really nice cosplay of her, one of the better ones I've seen. Smile
gothung

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:27 am Reply with quote
A great job on the costume.
The skirt looks funny because of her position, I thought it was actually just whites slits of cloth at first until I realized it was just the angle.

The wig's a wee bit too long, but she styled it so well that I don't care.

And she even has pretty good attention to the details. I can see the yellow on her leg and a little bit of lace above her.... well... in any case, I wish there was a shot of her standing so I could see the rest of the costume without the hair in the way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1