• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neptunia's Idea Factory Sets Up Branch in California

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splash

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
Uohhh, I hope they're in or close to San Francisco... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quote
Two big blows against NISA recently... first losing a lot of the key members from the Disgaea team to Idea Factory, and now likely losing the rights to their other biggest seller, Neptunia. They better hope they can find some series that'll replace the sales they'll lose.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
I am not completely savvy to the industry, but from a consumers perspective it would seem that the purpose of this is possibly because Idea Factory intends to set up ios based games for some of there future titles and certainly want to get into the market quicker in the west.
In the long term, yes NISA will no longer be the official distributer of Idea Factory games, but in the relative short term, they may still be use other more established 3rd party western distributers for there games until there shop is completely set up.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
Looks like the rumors are starting to be solid. Not sure how NIS will recover from this. Especially worried about NISA, since they lost so many games to localize like Atelier and Idea Factory stuff now.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
Other than Neptunia, I do hope this means more localized otome games? Please, Idea Factory? Crying or Very sad
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:48 am Reply with quote
So far, all the otome games that have been localized have been Idea Factory, and it has been Aksys that got them. I keep hoping for a new announcement. Aksys just released the Hakuoki 3DS game and Sweet Fuse for PSP. No upcoming otome game announcements after those. If Aksys sticks with Idea Factory, I'm wondering if we might see Amnesia, Hiiro no Kakera, or Brother's Conflict.

I already finished Sweet Fuse. It was a really fun VN.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote
What is this fear mongering? Because Atlus went belly up when NIS opened their on branch in the US. No. The continued to develop their own series Shin Megami, and continued to publish for others.

NIS will do the same, continue putting out Disgaea games, and continue to publish 3rd party titles.

The only bad thing to come out of this, is that in addition to being signed up for the Atlus and NIS newsletter, you have to sign up for one more. End of the world really.

Also for the record these blokes don't even have up an English language website, nor could I find a JPN one with any relative ease using Google. Even NIS had rosenqueen well before they went solo. Looks like its going to be a while before IF can wipe its own bottom.
MikuRockShooterMk2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:09 am Reply with quote
I don't know about you guys, but I see this as a good thing. To me it seems the industry is expanding in this way. I love Neptunia to bits, and now that they are branching out, I think it will help produce more games. don't know much about the industry so I could just be talking BS but I feel good about this change. NIS and NISA will be fine, they aren't in danger, only ones in danger right now are Capcom Anime hyper Mighty No.9!!!
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
@ CrownKlown

There was a rumor from 2ch that most of NIS employees have left the company. Knowing that the guy who left NIS went to Idea Factory and took most of the staff with him, that leaves NIS a shell of its former self. NISA is a branch from NIS, and along with them losing Idea Factory titles and Gust, its very alarming. The future of NIS is up in the air at the moment.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
Oh this is going to be interesting. I like to see how this come out. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dago2682

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
What is this fear mongering? Because Atlus went belly up when NIS opened their on branch in the US. No. The continued to develop their own series Shin Megami, and continued to publish for others.

NIS will do the same, continue putting out Disgaea games, and continue to publish 3rd party titles.

The only bad thing to come out of this, is that in addition to being signed up for the Atlus and NIS newsletter, you have to sign up for one more. End of the world really.

Also for the record these blokes don't even have up an English language website, nor could I find a JPN one with any relative ease using Google. Even NIS had rosenqueen well before they went solo. Looks like its going to be a while before IF can wipe its own bottom.

http://www.ideafintl.com/ there you have it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1