• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: FF XIII-2, Street Fighter x Tekken's Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swienke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
Oh, this could go so, soooooo badly.

And yet, I'm still looking forward to FF XIII-2, even if it's kind of crappy. I guess I'm just an eternal optimist. Laughing

What I'm wondering though is what happened to Snow? He's not in the trailers at all, which kind of worries me considering how much of a focus the first game had on his romance with Serah. Did he just drop off the face of the planet for some reason, or is this just a lazy attempt by Square to introduce a new eligible boyfriend for Serah? God I hope it's not the latter...
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:26 am Reply with quote
I liked FFXIII, so yeah, looking forward to this.

Pretty sure Snow'll showup eventually. It's only the first trailer, so it's kind of obvious that they'd want to focus on all the "new" stuff first while, you know, teasing the audience.

Of course, this is me rationally defending FF on the internet. I may as well be talking to a wall...
Arsenette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:43 am Reply with quote
Haven't finished 13 yet... still have it but haven't had the brain power to finish all the achievements (I blame myself for being an achievement whore when I can get them.. LOL). I wonder if any saves from one can go to the other like is the new trend in games (or at least with Mass Effect doing so well with it.. though it's doubtful Squeenix will ever do that). Still thanks for posting it!
lyransi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:51 am Reply with quote
I haven't played FFXIII, but now I definitely want to play XIII-2. Noel looks awesome! ^^
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
Interesting, FFXIII was an ok game, good story but thats about it, boring gameplay and roaming really spoiled it

FFXIII-2 looks positive though, 1:00 - 1:07 looks like its much more free roaming than before, battle sequences still look similar though, hopefully they have changed it up enough to liven the whole thing up, just pressing A or X or watever was quite dull for 55 hours

Still, time will tell, hopefully they do a gameplay trailer or demo vid or something to show changes to battles, roaming looks sorted so just get battles right and i think they might just redeem themselves here
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
FF XIII took too long to open up and finally give you the wide world RPG roaming your use to in RPGs. That's what hurt the game the most like for people like Getsuga311. Once you finally reach that point (which is not until the second half of the game!) the gameplay is fighting is pretty fun. Finally being about the switch up teams and see the full extent of combos, open worlds, and the ability to final just customize your adventure like real weapon building and quest missions. Beautiful fights at times.

Hopefully since we got all the tutorial out of the way in FF XIII, we won't need another 15 hours of it in this one. I'm still looking for this game. I really liked XIII battle engine. A bit more involved then past versions so grinding isn't just moving the control stick around and pressing A.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1