• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Maria Holic Alive.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BossPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
The second season of Maria Hollic is ongoing for some time now. So what do you think about it ? Did any of you watched it ? What is funny I watched this because I thought it's just another shoujo-ai...how wrong I was. The first episodes of first season were easy to watch but later episodes just turned into a crazy spoof with many jokes that I almost didn't understand. Still I liked some of the characters and ironically it made me curious about the yuri anime.
batou37

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I haven't really gotten the chance to talk with anyone about it since I never see many people discussing it, but I for one love the show. I look forward to every sunday night and will be upset when it's over. It only falls behind Steins;Gate and Gintama this season for my most anticipated shows each week. I've actually gone back and am now watching a few episodes from the first season every so often as I forgot how much I liked it. The second season is better in my opinion comedy wise.... I'd say it made a switch from focusing on Kanako being unable to control herself around the other girls as the comedy angle for the first season, to this year the abuse she receives at the hands of others (Mariya and Matsurika especially.) I find it funny either way, especially when God (the dorm manager) is thrown into the mix. You do also see a bit more about the characters this year, Mariya especially and the show seems to have a bit more depth to me because of it.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I've enjoyed this season as well, there is more comedy and parody and less story which suits Maria Holic. Tochiro has been hilarious this season as a male version of Kanako. I'll admit that I only get about half the jokes but it's still great. If you like Gintama you'd probably like Maria Holic as it has the same absurdist/slapstick humor and frenzied pacing.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I LOVE the first season, but I stopped watching the second after the second episode. I haven't dropped it, but it just...doesn't feel like Maria Holic. Honestly, from the two episodes I saw, it's just not mean enough, and the first season was all about the mean, and I loved it for that. Someone here said that it picks up the mean by about the third or fourth episode, so that gives me something to look forward to, but I wont finish watching it until next season since I currently have zero planned shows for summer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I found the first season somewhat entertaining and weird, but this one is just plain boring. I'm at episode two (since like 2 months ago), and the fansub availability (I believe only Anime Network rips with yellow fonts in the middle of the screen) is just awful that I've had no motivation whatsoever to get to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1