• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Top Interest Articles of 2013

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan was simply the most popular new anime to come out in 2013. Not the best, not the most loved, just the most well known.

Yet Free! still got more attention! Laughing

What on Earth does Madoka have to do with Pacific Rim?
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Attack on Titan was simply the most popular new anime to come out in 2013. Not the best, not the most loved, just the most well known.

It's hard to predict what will be popular with fans of any genre, Anime fans are just about as bad about that as any group.

Maybe Mr. Del Toro likes Madoka?

Mark Gosdin
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I find it funny that some people don't consider these articles news. What is news? Any new piece of information. Whether it be a story about the latest terrorist bombing or that all macaroni will be green, it is all news. Every single article on this list was news at one time regardless of whether or not you cared about its contents.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

It might have to do with how much anime influenced the movie or Del Toro being somewhat an anime fan.

But it could also be due to both the Madoka films and Pacific Rim being released in Japan by Warner Bros.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
I find it funny that some people don't consider these articles news. What is news? Any new piece of information. Whether it be a story about the latest terrorist bombing or that all macaroni will be green, it is all news. Every single article on this list was news at one time regardless of whether or not you cared about its contents.

Most of those on the list are things most anyone here would consider newsworthy, many of the "barely tangentially related to Japan, let alone anime or manga" articles aren't listed. No shit articles no one cares about won't get views on a site for anime/manga-related topics.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:02 am Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

It's hard to predict what will be popular with fans of any genre, Anime fans are just about as bad about that as any group.

Maybe Mr. Del Toro likes Madoka?

Mark Gosdin

i wont be surprised. who doesnt like a cute magical girl series? it was the same for nanoha when it became the main otaku crave.

what got my eye was the dub casting for SAO which was curious at best, but solid nevertheless.

that and the new characters for X/Y. of course the females are always the popular ones, especially for those doujin artists. but its became even more so considering they made serena as a childhood friend of satoshi. can somebody say massive harem much?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1