Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dynasty Warriors Gundam: Reborn PS3 Game Trailer Streamed


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Why'd it have to be Seed and Destiny? X, Turn-A and 00 would have been so much better, but instead they want people to hear Seed characters whining.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZetaZaku



Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 137
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Why'd it have to be Seed and Destiny? X, Turn-A and 00 would have been so much better, but instead they want people to hear Seed characters whining.

Because SEED is the most popular after UC in Japan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drakenfyre75



Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 44
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Why'd it have to be Seed and Destiny? X, Turn-A and 00 would have been so much better, but instead they want people to hear Seed characters whining.


It's not just Seed and Destiny
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_Gundam_Reborn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
drakenfyre75 wrote:


I know it's not just Seed and Destiny. I was expressing that I wished that those other series would have story modes and extra mecha from the three that I mentioned over Seed.

ZetaZaku wrote:

Because SEED is the most popular after UC in Japan?


Which doesn't stop it from being awful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WeirDiE_InC



Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 392
Location: The GVRD
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Aren't there more SEED suits in this game than 00 & Turn A?

Personally, I would've like to see some Wing in this trailer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:12 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Aren't there more SEED suits in this game than 00 & Turn A?

Personally, I would've like to see some Wing in this trailer.


Yes, but that's because of the story mode. Whenever they add a new story mode they add a new roster of suits to go with it, like they did wihen they added CCA to DWG 2. They'll also do the same with Unicorn in this game. In DWG 3, there were actually more Wing MS and 00 MS than Seed had and Seed only had one more MS than Turn-A had.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1803
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
?


Which doesn't stop it from being awful.[/quote]Hey if quality determined what gets the spotlight it sure would keep 00 away from it.

But sure, the attention Seed gets is annoying. I still like the Seed suits though.

Instead of tv shows, I'd like more of a focus on book or manga stuff. It's been cool to units from those appear in Vs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2012
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
PSN only....sigh. They should have done a limited print of hard copies too. I'll wait and see of course, but assuming its sub-only too, then I might as well import a Japanese copy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1803
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
PSN only....sigh. They should have done a limited print of hard copies too. I'll wait and see of course, but assuming its sub-only too, then I might as well import a Japanese copy
Can't you import a Euro copy? Is'nt that getting a physical release?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
SilverTalon01



Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Posts: 2079
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:

Which doesn't stop it from being awful.


It just goes to further educate you that something being "awful" is an opinion. And in this case, one the majority doesn't share.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Which doesn't stop it from being awful.


It just goes to further educate you that something being "awful" is an opinion. And in this case, one the majority doesn't share.


I hate it when people point out that something that's obviously an opinion is an opinion. I know it's my opinion, which is why I said it. Thanks for "educating" me, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZetaZaku



Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 137
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Which doesn't stop it from being awful.

Quality has nothing to say in this case. SEED shows being some of the most successful and popular AU shows in Japan means that they'll get the most spotlight in the video games.

But true, more X suits and characters would have been nice. But now that Chieko Honda has passed away, Ennil El just wouldn't be the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
ZetaZaku wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Which doesn't stop it from being awful.

Quality has nothing to say in this case. SEED shows being some of the most successful and popular AU shows in Japan means that they'll get the most spotlight in the video games.

But true, more X suits and characters would have been nice. But now that Chieko Honda has passed away, Ennil El just wouldn't be the same.


True enough. I just wish things were different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2012
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
PSN only....sigh. They should have done a limited print of hard copies too. I'll wait and see of course, but assuming its sub-only too, then I might as well import a Japanese copy
Can't you import a Euro copy? Is'nt that getting a physical release?


Is it? I wasn't aware. I thought it was digital only too, but thats good news for me Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
PSN only....sigh. They should have done a limited print of hard copies too. I'll wait and see of course, but assuming its sub-only too, then I might as well import a Japanese copy
Can't you import a Euro copy? Is'nt that getting a physical release?


Is it? I wasn't aware. I thought it was digital only too, but thats good news for me Very Happy


From siliconera: "Tecmo Koei have announced that they will publish the game in Europe this Summer as well. In Europe, the game will be released both at retail as well digitally."
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/25/dynasty-warriors-gundam-reborn-coming-america/#9495kCHV6xH7EMJT.99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group