• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro Remaster's Trailer Compares Quality

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samo2222

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:33 am Reply with quote
Still has the slightly shakey picture and looks like the new remaster looks much brighter than the first Blu-Ray. The video should compare the old and new BD but at the moment I prefer the first Blu-Ray. Someone will probably be bothered to upload screens once it comes out.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
I really hope the interlacing issues apparent in the 1080 video are inherent only to this YouTube video, and not the actual BD...

Of course, as this is a second BD remaster as Samo8412 above already mentioned, there's no doubt it'll be a better job than the first.. ... ...right?
Samo2222

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
I've been comparing the video with my Blu-Ray now. It's a nice improvement with the grain and other imperfections in the video being gone but the increased brightness is the only thing that brings it down for me. Then again, this stuff always happens with remasters. Others probably won't be as picky as I am about this.

Either way, it's a brilliant film for those who haven't seen any Lupin before. Definitely worth grabbing when it comes out.

Oh yeah. The interlacing is something that's definitely not going to happen. You only get that kind of interlacing in PAL DVDs.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to get my copy on August 6th!
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I really can't see that much improvement except that its brighter.

Being that it was from the 70's as well as not being high art in the first place, I wouldn't expect much improvement.

But that part of its charm.

Beside, I watch this series for the zany heists and chase scenes. Oh and also Fujiko Mine! Wink
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
(As Daniel Bryan) YES! YES! YES!

Come on with it, Discotek!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote
In 1979 I will have guessed the original was done on 35mm film so using that as a master and then with digital enhancement I would have expected nothing less than what has been achieved.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1