• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll App Now Available on Chromecast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
Also, Microsoft lists Crunchyroll as coming to the Xbox One:
http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-new-experiences-coming-to-xbox

(About 3/4 down the page under "New app experiences coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 include:").
Sloggett

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:49 am Reply with quote
I've always wanted WiiU support. Crunchyroll seems to be available on almost everything else.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
This is a result of Google having recently released the required software so that third-party coders can support Chromecast. Next up, I hope, will be a Chromecast-enabled version of MXPlayer. I've used a USB-to-HDMI cable to connect my Android phone to an HDTV, but wireless connections are much more convenient.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Y'know I really wish that Nintendo allowed for access to CR. I wonder what restrictions kept them from doing this.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Also, Microsoft lists Crunchyroll as coming to the Xbox One:
http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-new-experiences-coming-to-xbox

(About 3/4 down the page under "New app experiences coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 include:").

I'd like to take credit for getting Crunchyroll on the Xbox 360. Wink

Awhile ago at a private Microsoft site, MS reps were soliciting each Top 5 recommendations on what apps they'd like MS to go after next on XBL. After pages and pages, nobody has mentioned Crunchyroll. So I put it on my 5. Then a few weeks later, lo and behold it's on XBL. AFAIK, I was the only one to submit it, so I'll take credit for it. Laughing

Anyways, I have Chromecast too, though I kinda prefer the Roku Stick since it has more apps though slightly more expensive. I think the only advantage the Chromecast has right now is if you're using the Chrome for web browsing, that could be projected on the TV. Still, neither Chromecast nor Roku has yet Intel Wi-Di or Miracast and then iOS/Android mobile devices. Apps + Wi-Di + mobile...... Apple TV can already do that, but it only works on Apple devices. Need something that could work on anything, then it'll be set.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Conversely, about the time they changed their name from Flingo to Samba TV the Crunchyroll channel disappeared. Thus it is no longer available on TiVo, silently in... silently out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1