• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony Reveals Suda 51's New Game Let It Die for PS4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
"It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan."
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Platinum's on Xbox, and Grasshopper's on PS4: Suda and Kamiya are competing against each other Very Happy

This should be fun.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Platinum's on Xbox, and Grasshopper's on PS4: Suda and Kamiya are competing against each other Very Happy

This should be fun.

Yes indeed, this is going to be very interesting. I'm also excited for Uncharted 4. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

This should be fun.
Well that's not much of a competition. Kamiya actually makes good games.

Anyway, I wonder what happen to Llily bergamo, the other Grasshopper game. We've seen very little about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I want to like suda games. Conceptually and stylistically I think they are great, but the gameplay never seems to click with me.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
I like Killer, No More Heroes, Shadows, Lollipop, and Fatal Frame IV, oh and liberation maiden. And of those 4 did pretty well critically, NMH 1 and 2, Shadows, and FF IV. Lollipop topped a million in sales for what is basically a niche title. All in all I find it hard pressed for you to claim he has never made a good game.

Although I will admit from the preview I am not to thrilled as I don't care for multi-player games.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
I like the Killer is Dead looks. It's a fun game to play for sure. Simple, but the dodge mechanic is very fun. I don't know what the hell is going on with the story. Which is why I kind of hate the game. The visuals, the gameplay, the art design, the premise, everything was so perfectly lined up only for the narrative and characters to fall so flat. It was maddening.

I really like the first No More Heroes. As an action game, I don't know if it's actually "good". I sure enjoyed it though. I don't know what my problem with the sequel is though. Something about it didn't click with me.

Shadow's of the Damned is a very fun arcadey RE4 like game. Though I wonder how much we can attribute to him.

Lolipop was fun to play and a solid dial a combo brawler.

Killer 7 is awesome, but not something I enjoy playing.

I haven't played Fatal Frame 4 yet.

I enjoy most Suda games and they are at least interesting enough to be worthwhile. Yet, it's really thier personality that carries them more then the gameplay.

Kamyia on the other hand makes games that are actually good on a pure gameplay basis. Bayonetta, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, and RE2 are all games where I probably enjoyed playing them more then the story or any other element. I think Kamyia is the better game developer by far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Shory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
Suda 51 tends to know what they're doing, but in all honesty, this trailer didn't reveal anything of value to me.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
Looks like the PS4 titles are taking off and Suda51's got one coming. This should be interesting to see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1