• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Free! Eternal Summer Use Sydney for Ending Theme Inspiration

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
oh.....

didn't even realise and i work in the Sydney CBD hahaha :s
partially

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Well they are hardly iconic shots. And while the first one is pretty much an exact match the George Street ones take a lot of artistic liberties.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I saw this mentioned on Twitter yesterday and it was funny because the tweet was saying that they can't just easily go there. (It's a huge thing in Japan to go around finding locations that were used in anime.)
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Well I've been to Sydney but it's been many years now. Smile
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
I saw this mentioned on Twitter yesterday and it was funny because the tweet was saying that they can't just easily go there. (It's a huge thing in Japan to go around finding locations that were used in anime.)

There are direct flights between Sydney and Narita... I've had to transfer at Sydney (or Singapore) to get to Japan.
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Well they are hardly iconic shots. And while the first one is pretty much an exact match the George Street ones take a lot of artistic liberties.

The last two are a bit vague but if you street view 96 George St The rocks. To the left is definitely where fireman Makoto is standing in one scene in the ed, the street sign is a dead giveaway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sylontack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:54 am Reply with quote
Hell pretty sure the last two are areas I regularly visit.
Don't watch Free but it's pretty neat.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:14 am Reply with quote
Australia typically has the 2nd best swimming institution after the USA.
championferret

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote
Honestly, no one would have been able to tell it was Sydney if they hadn't been told beforehand, and this is speaking as someone for whom Sydney is basically a second home; I visit at least 10 or more times each year.
It's kind of embarassing seeing people around the net talking about doing 'pilgrimages' when the places pictured just look so generic...especially when Sydney has so many other iconic locales they could have used. Imagine if Nagisa and his aliens had crash-landed in Luna Park :c
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Honestly, no one would have been able to tell it was Sydney if they hadn't been told beforehand, and this is speaking as someone for whom Sydney is basically a second home; I visit at least 10 or more times each year.
It's kind of embarassing seeing people around the net talking about doing 'pilgrimages' when the places pictured just look so generic...especially when Sydney has so many other iconic locales they could have used. Imagine if Nagisa and his aliens had crash-landed in Luna Park :c

The Rocks is a pretty iconic area of the Sydney CBD....

I think it's refreshing to see that they used some other place of Sydney in the ED since most other movies / TV shows when they do Sydney they only show the Opera House or The Harbour Bridge (which the first season of this show is guilty of).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
There are direct flights between Sydney and Narita... I've had to transfer at Sydney (or Singapore) to get to Japan.

Um, yes, but it involves getting on a plane as opposed to hopping on a train. It's not a trip you can make on a whim. ^^;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1