• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Bayonetta: Bloody Fate English Dub Trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame no one is going to play the sequel, and adaptation movies like this one always tend to be subpar (remember the Mass Effect tie-in? That's what I thought.)
Sume Gai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Not enough people played the first Bayonetta either, else Nintendo wouldn't need to be bankrolling the sequel. I'm looking forward to it though, after my experience with Wonderful 101, I'm pretty hyped.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
^Why would people not play the sequel? It's looks to be shaping up pretty good.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

Because the original didn't sell all that well and comparatively fewer people bought a Wii U. I'd love to play the second one myself, but I'm not buying a console just to play a single game.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

Because the original didn't sell all that well and comparatively fewer people bought a Wii U. I'd love to play the second one myself, but I'm not buying a console just to play a single game.

I wonder what are the chances if Bayonetta 2 sell bad on Wii U, could it increase the chance of getting a PS4/XBOne port??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

Also take into consideration that the original Bayonetta is shipping with the sequel. Which was a smart move by Nintendo to introduce those who are new to the series. Having 2 games in one is already pretty decent incentive to buy the sequel.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

I wonder what are the chances if Bayonetta 2 sell bad on Wii U, could it increase the chance of getting a PS4/XBOne port??

Very unlikely. Nintendo published it themselves and there's no way they'd publish it on other consoles. They might let someone else license it, but that's also quite unlikely.
sfried

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

WiiU has more than one Platinum Game up its sleeve. Check out The Wonderful 101.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:

Very unlikely. Nintendo published it themselves and there's no way they'd publish it on other consoles. They might let someone else license it, but that's also quite unlikely.

Well here's hoping for a miracle, I'm hoping Bayonetta 2 could pull a Mass Effect 1/Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The dub makes it feel like an Underworld knock-off.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Well here's hoping for a miracle, I'm hoping Bayonetta 2 could pull a Mass Effect 1/Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.

It's impossible. Bayonetta 2 will always be a Nintendo exclusive because Nintendo are directly funding the game. This isn't like Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge where they simply picked up the rights to distribute the game outside of Japan (where it was still distributed by Koei Tecmo). This also isn't simply a case of Nintendo paying for console exclusivity - they're funding the game.

In fact, Kamiya has outright said that the game would not exist without Nintendo.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

Because the original didn't sell all that well and comparatively fewer people bought a Wii U.

Also, those who played the original Bayonetta played it on the better version, which is the Xbox 360 version. There's less crossover.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

It's impossible. Bayonetta 2 will always be a Nintendo exclusive because Nintendo are directly funding the game. This isn't like Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge where they simply picked up the rights to distribute the game outside of Japan (where it was still distributed by Koei Tecmo). This also isn't simply a case of Nintendo paying for console exclusivity - they're funding the game.

In fact, Kamiya has outright said that the game would not exist without Nintendo.

Yup, this is pretty much the reason why you should not expect it to come to xbox or playstation. That being said, the original is a very fun game so people should definitely play it, it would help to understand the anime film more.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

Aside from the fact that Nintendo published it, Platinum is more or less a freelance developer. They're not begging companies to make their games, the companies are coming to them.

AsherFischell wrote:

On the other side of the coin, the Wii U is doing moderately better than the PS4 in Japan, so that could boost numbers significantly.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Then no one will play it. Plain and simple.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2