• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"No new posts since your last visit"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
If I click the icon to the left of a subject entry in any of the search lists, it is supposed to take me to my first unread post. Instead I end up with nothing but the message I posted in my subject line above. I can work around this problem by clicking on a page number, or going directly to the last post in a thread and working backwards, but I'm tired of these kludges.

I have a sense that the phpBB software uses the time of my current login as the basis for this message rather than the time of my previous login. The same problem arises if I search for unread topics, then accidentally leave the page. If I search again I only get posts since that recent login. The same behavior on a forum that uses vBulletin generally returns the original list of unread topics plus any new ones.

Somewhere in the software the application must record my last login time. I suspect it's being updated immediately at each login, rather than being more permissive about when my "last visit" occurred.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
It's been brought up before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1