• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Freezing Action Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, 25 volumes seems very long compared to nearly everything else Seven Seas has published/plans to publish. I hope it goes well for them though even if the title is of no interest to me.

Out of the seven announcements I'm interested in Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto & The Ancient Magus Bride so can't complain too much. May also look into Non Non Biyori nearer the time.
jimmydip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I have to say I am happy with all these licenses, I am getting them all... but my poor wallet is crying in the corner.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD YES! OH MY GOD YES!

Thank you Seven Seas for bringing this masterpiece over, I had given up hope of it coming out here what with it's length. Best announcement of the 7 by a mile.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
At last...
Dfens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy that they were able to license the series another title from them I'll be picking up.

But I remember their company rep on these forums saying that they didn't like to or plan on releasing series over 8-10 volumes or more. Especially since Freezing is at 25 volumes and still going. Guess they got a good enough deal or since this series wasn't on their list of publishers that are too much of a pain the ass to try to deal with.

I just hope their release schedule doesn't take them forever to catch up to the Japanese release.
terminus24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
... And here I am with all the Japanese volumes because I thought this would never happen.

Really excited for this, and the fact that they're two-in-one editions is really good since the series is already at 25 volumes.
Fam Fan Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
jimmydip wrote:
I have to say I am happy with all these licenses, I am getting them all... but my poor wallet is crying in the corner.

My wallet and I both feel your pain.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I'm definitely excited about this, but I have the same concern as some of the other folks here that it won't actually be fully released given how Seven Seas normally functions (and even the companies that do release long series have dropped series before they hit the 25 mark, let alone the end), so I don't know if the odds of the series getting a full release in the US are very good, unfortunately. But this is awesome news regardless, and we may luck out and get it all. Hopefully enough people buy it and keep buying the new volumes to make that happen. I for one will definitely be buying them.

Last edited by Kalessin on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading the manga when I can and I am still surprised how slow the love between Satellizer and Kazuya has progressed.

Last edited by Kadmos1 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully uncensored too; with the right level of marketing this could sell as well as Monster Musume for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Hopefully uncensored too; with the right level of marketing this could sell as well as Monster Musume for them.

i also hope so too. though there is also a chance that it might be censored since it is seven seas and not Viz Manga that did Bastard and Tengo Tenge and Black Lagoon uncensored.

Though what i really hope is that funi was able to get the video rights to freezing vibrations. it pretty obvious that they got the streaming rights to the second season but funi released the dvds and OVA of the first one as the complete series edition for their DVD/ Blue-Ray combo pack which would mean they may not have gotten the rights to release them on dvd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic. Finally gives me incentive to start reading again.
yomanffgg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Is it manga or manhwa ?
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
yomanffgg wrote:
Is it manga or manhwa ?

It was created for a Japanese audience, so manga.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Well, this last announcement isn't a series I'm interested in. Hopefully it does well for Seven Seas, don't ever like seeing companies license something and then the series tanks.

So, out of the 7 announcements, I'm definitely getting Non Non Biyori and might be getting Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto and The Ancient Magus' Bride. Magus' Bride is closer to a buy than Sakamoto is ATM.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2