Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2015 Dragon Ball Z Film Gets 3-Chapter Manga Adaptation




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sokpupet



Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 132
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, stop tacking on the same damn infodump on EVERY article about this movie! You have two sentences that are the actual story and the rest is a copy-pasted retread.


...no, YOU'RE an oversensitive jackass!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mewzard



Joined: 30 Oct 2014
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Worse yet is that they mistranslate the title EVERY TIME.

It's Revival of F. Because the F stands for Freeza (as referenced in the Maximum the Hormone song). The Freeza in Fukkatsu makes no sense whatsoever (and just sounds bad in English, especially when fully translated).

Not sure how many times that needs to be said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Second Fire Shadow



Joined: 01 Apr 2013
Posts: 129
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
sokpupet wrote:
Oh my god, stop tacking on the same damn infodump on EVERY article about this movie! You have two sentences that are the actual story and the rest is a copy-pasted retread.


...no, YOU'RE an oversensitive jackass!


Shocked

...okay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Since (apparently) Dragon Ball is still quite popular in Japan, this tidbit isn't a real shocker. Most popular anime films recently had a manga prologue/adaptation of some sort.
I wonder if the full 3-chapter volume will be available as some sort of bonus to those who'll buy a limited edition ticket or something similar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2037
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 am Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
Worse yet is that they mistranslate the title EVERY TIME.

It's Revival of F. Because the F stands for Freeza (as referenced in the Maximum the Hormone song). The Freeza in Fukkatsu makes no sense whatsoever (and just sounds bad in English, especially when fully translated).

Not sure how many times that needs to be said.


I get your complaint, but this is literally one of the ways to translate it. It's not mistranslated. This title isn't really supposed to sound good in English, as Fukkatsu is a Japanese word. Once an official English title is released, it can be changed.

Please stop listing this complaint again and again. We do hear you. This is just the best choice for the title at the current moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mewzard



Joined: 30 Oct 2014
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Mewzard wrote:
Worse yet is that they mistranslate the title EVERY TIME.

It's Revival of F. Because the F stands for Freeza (as referenced in the Maximum the Hormone song). The Freeza in Fukkatsu makes no sense whatsoever (and just sounds bad in English, especially when fully translated).

Not sure how many times that needs to be said.


I get your complaint, but this is literally one of the ways to translate it. It's not mistranslated. This title isn't really supposed to sound good in English, as Fukkatsu is a Japanese word. Once an official English title is released, it can be changed.

Please stop listing this complaint again and again. We do hear you. This is just the best choice for the title at the current moment.


Huh? This is my first time making any complaint. I've never complained before, that was other posters.

But hey, I won't complain about it again. No worries there.

Just felt it should be pointed out. Sorry if I came off rude or anything like that, I didn't mean to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SageModeKakarot



Joined: 15 Dec 2014
Posts: 302
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this one will actually get an english release because we are still waiting on the Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return and the Battle of Gods Manga to be released in english

I mean we just got Jacco so why not these
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2037
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:

Just felt it should be pointed out. Sorry if I came off rude or anything like that, I didn't mean to.


Oh no, I didn't mean to be rude. If I did sound so, I apologize. Sad However, we've been getting comments on every post about the title, not just from you. Just know that we do know the complaint is going around, and as soon as an official English title is given, we'll update. Japanese pun titles can be very difficult. ;3

Thanks for your polite reply! It means the world!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaiyamanMS



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 283
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
I wonder if this one will actually get an english release because we are still waiting on the Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return and the Battle of Gods Manga to be released in english

I mean we just got Jacco so why not these


Battle of Gods didn't get a proper manga adaptation, there was a 12 page special chapter of Dragon Ball SD (included in volume 2) which covered the first 23 minutes of the film. Other than that, there's only an animanga.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SageModeKakarot



Joined: 15 Dec 2014
Posts: 302
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:57 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:
I wonder if this one will actually get an english release because we are still waiting on the Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return and the Battle of Gods Manga to be released in english

I mean we just got Jacco so why not these


Battle of Gods didn't get a proper manga adaptation, there was a 12 page special chapter of Dragon Ball SD (included in volume 2) which covered the first 23 minutes of the film. Other than that, there's only an animanga.


it would still be nice to get them though so we can have a complete collection
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group